Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

(REQ FILLED) Dreacast video volume

X69ander

Lovin’ the Dreamcast videos on the FTP server.... really, a great job to everyone that has contributed! My only complaint is that the volume seems to be too low for most of the videos, with the occasional video popping up with good volume when I cycle through my roms in Maximus Arcade. Does anyone know how I can normalize the volume so that all the videos are playing at the same volume, and how I can increase the sound so that the overall volume is louder than the ambiance music I have playing in the background of my front end?

Lovin’ the Dreamcast videos on the FTP server.... really, a great job to everyone that has contributed! My only complaint is that the volume seems to be too low for most of the videos, with the occasional video popping up with good volume when I cycle through my roms in Maximus Arcade. Does anyone know how I can normalize the volume so that all the videos are playing at the same volume, and how I can increase the sound so that the overall volume is louder than the ambiance music I have playing in the background of my front end?

I just added my custom build of avi gain to the downloads section, follow the instructions and it should fix your audio issue. Keep in mind that dreamcast is still very much a WIP set which is why you are having the audio issue. Let us know how it works for you or if you have any questions.

Circo, thanks for whipping together this program. I tried it, and not sure why, but I keep getting a warning that the MP3 normalizer has stopped working, then I click close and it continues to run. When I checked the files after, some are now at a good volume, but a majority are now without volume...

After I unzipped your file I clicked "normalize run me" after I place all 215 AVI Dreamcast files in that same folder. Problem seems to happen once I get to file 105....

Any thoughts?

I'm guessing that file 105 is corrupt somehow. Move it out of the directory and try without it.

I concur, there must be a problem with the audio track in that file. Which one is it?

I think you guys are right. It was actually the 107th file, wasnt sure if it was Monaco Grand Prix or Metropolis Street Racer, so I pulled both out and I didnt get that MP3 error again. Whent through a bunch of them and they all seem to be working nice and loud! Thanks Circo....once again, you done did good!!!

Ok so I went through all 215 movies after using the tool you created, I dont see a pattern in why some have perfect sound and others do not. It is pretty much 50/50, with videos with vs without sound, and not sure why...

Circo, just a thought, but did this work for you for the Dreamcast Movies? If so Maybe you can just upload it in FTP?

Thanks guys

Perhaps it has something to do with who recorded the videos? Circo recorded the first videos and I recorded the last ones. But it's not exactly split in half because some of the famous games were already done when I decided to do the rest... But hey, if that's the case then you could just normalize circos videos (they have the extremely low sound) and then just add the rest, cause they have a more normal volume.

The easiest way would be to upload normalized videos to the FTP, whoever gets all videos with decent sound, could that person please upload them also? :)

Perhaps it has something to do with who recorded the videos? Circo recorded the first videos and I recorded the last ones. But it's not exactly split in half because some of the famous games were already done when I decided to do the rest... But hey, if that's the case then you could just normalize circos videos (they have the extremely low sound) and then just add the rest, cause they have a more normal volume.

The easiest way would be to upload normalized videos to the FTP, whoever gets all videos with decent sound, could that person please upload them also? smile.gif

All you have to do is put both sets in a directory and run the normalizer, it will pretty much set any avi to the same volume.

Ok I ran through all 215 DC videos from before and after I used the AVI Normalizer that Circo created, and combined the best sounding videos into one folder. I would be happy to upload into the FTP, and will do that tonight. I never did that before, but if its as easy as creating a folder and uploading it, then it shouldn’t be that difficult.

Thanks to Circo for the AVI normalizer and Jochitco for the input.

Ok I ran through all 215 DC videos from before and after I used the AVI Normalizer that Circo created, and combined the best sounding videos into one folder. I would be happy to upload into the FTP, and will do that tonight. I never did that before, but if its as easy as creating a folder and uploading it, then it shouldn’t be that difficult.

Thanks to Circo for the AVI normalizer and Jochitco for the input.

Very cool, please notify us once you are done uploading and I'll grab em :) (Or normalize them myself... I'll see ^^)

Been uploading for the last couple of hours... cant beleive that it takes this long! Only on letter C at this point, I will let it run through the night.... should be done by the morning

Makes me appreciate all the goodies in the FTP that are already there!

Ok, so I grabbed some of you'r videos X69ander, and they have some issues :/

1) Some of them still seem to be way too quiet, for example ikaruga and King of Fighters '99 - Evolution (compared to TDCFinal2 and smenmue)

2)All videos that were silent before (those made by circo) are mono; only playing on my left speaker.

Any thoughts on this? anyone who coul'd solve this? Do you kno'w whats going on circo?

I am not sure on this one. I just used the original list of DC videos that I downloaded off the FTP, then I created a duplicate folder where I tried to normalize them. I went through each game one by one and picked the one that sounded best and created a 3rd folder....those are the ones I am currently uploading to the FTP.

Also Ikaruga (looks like a great shooter), that is one of the few with no sound. So thinking there are a few of these that we will have to do over, then upload to the master file. Unfortinitly I dont know how to make videos, but if someone can show me I would be happy to do them. I will open another topic to see if i can get some guidence on how to make them.

King of fighters- I must have missed that one being low, but I should be able to fix the volume on that one using Circo's tool. I will see if I can identify others that are still too low and try to fix the sound again.

26 hours later, and all videos are now uploaded under Work in progress\X69ander folder. There are still a few videos that are mute or low in volume, but for the most part these are good. I will continue to tweak these and hope to have all the kinks worked out in the next week or so.

Thanks for all the help, hope we can all enjoy!

Ok, so I grabbed some of you'r videos X69ander, and they have some issues :/

1) Some of them still seem to be way too quiet, for example ikaruga and King of Fighters '99 - Evolution (compared to TDCFinal2 and smenmue)

2)All videos that were silent before (those made by circo) are mono; only playing on my left speaker.

Any thoughts on this? anyone who coul'd solve this? Do you kno'w whats going on circo?

It's been awhile since I made those and it was during a test of my HDMI capture equipment. I may have to go look, unfortunately my hard drives for that machine I use were left a few hundred miles away. I am picking them up after christmas.

Thats cool Circo. I think I was able to get most of the videos volume normalized with your tool. I opened a new thread on how to make these videos, so as soon as someone can point me to some instructions I would be more then happy to try to make some videos for the ones we are still missing. Would be great to get a full list of DC Vids up and running.

Thanks

Thats cool Circo. I think I was able to get most of the videos volume normalized with your tool. I opened a new thread on how to make these videos, so as soon as someone can point me to some instructions I would be more then happy to try to make some videos for the ones we are still missing. Would be great to get a full list of DC Vids up and running.

Thanks

I went through all DC games about two weeks ago and made videos for all games missing videos that worked and are understandable to an english-speaking audience. The games that don't have videos don't work, I tried them several times and then excluded them from my frontend setup.

Edit: Checked out some of the normalized videos and now they seem to be ok, which is great :) Grabbing them all now, Thanks

• 8 months later...

Bumping an old thread here....

I can't find a set of the 215 videos with quality volume. I only see the 215 in Xander's folder, which have many low volume copies which only play out of the left speaker. Can anyone re-upload quality copies if they have them please?

I would LOVE for an *official* Dreamcast section.

I went through all DC games about two weeks ago and made videos for all games missing videos that worked and are understandable to an english-speaking audience. The games that don't have videos don't work, I tried them several times and then excluded them from my frontend setup.

Edit: Checked out some of the normalized videos and now they seem to be ok, which is great :) Grabbing them all now, Thanks

Thanks Bro been waiting for this thanks for all your work :)

• 1 month later...