Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Stupidass Lethal Enforcers Coin-op

Dr. Leyland Strom

Hey,

Does anyone know jackshit about degaussing a monitor? And why, even 4 feet from a wall, it still picks up some mag-res? Is there any cheap magnetic shielding for a side of a cab?

Additionally, how many times do you think I'll have to kick the fucker before the sound will work again? (NOTE: I removed the DRUG SCALE, which never seemed to be ballast for the board)

Thanks in advance, you filthy filthy filthasses

Dr. Strom

Hey,

Does anyone know jackshit about degaussing a monitor? And why, even 4 feet from a wall, it still picks up some mag-res? Is there any cheap magnetic shielding for a side of a cab?

Additionally, how many times do you think I'll have to kick the fucker before the sound will work again? (NOTE: I removed the DRUG SCALE, which never seemed to be ballast for the board)

Thanks in advance, you filthy filthy filthasses

Dr. Strom

It's very possible that the speakers inside the cabinet are causing the problem, try removing and see if it persists. As far as degaussing you need a wand, I picked one up off of ebay a few years ago for $15. You turn it on wave it around the screen and pull back slowly. Repeat until color is fixed. I imagine they are getting pretty cheap since the CRT is pretty much dead these days.

Here is a video that explains it a bit better

Circo told me to add pictures, if I want attention. I SAY DIFFERENT!

I'M NOT HAULING MY CRIPPLED ASS ALL THE WAY UPSTAIRS (and down again...just because I have LETHAL ENFORCERS DOESN'T MEAN I HAVE A FUCKING ESCALATOR) JUST TO GET THE CAMERA TO TAKE PICTURES WHICH WILL UNDOUBTEDLY LOOK LIKE SHIT AND BE MET BY EVEN MORE RIDICULOUS SCORN BY YOU GODDAMN NERDS-FOR-DETAIL.

Now, anyone wanna help me out?

Your Savior,

Dr. Strom

It's very possible that the speakers inside the cabinet are causing the problem, try removing and see if it persists. As far as degaussing you need a wand, I picked one up off of ebay a few years ago for $15. You turn it on wave it around the screen and pull back slowly. Repeat until color is fixed. I imagine they are getting pretty cheap since the CRT is pretty much dead these days.

Here is a video that explains it a bit better

Thanks Circo. I've watched this guy before, and he creeps me out. I watched a video where he explained how he could (with his midwestern drawl) open a cabinet, and said that, when he was younger, he could fit inside one...and that whole night I had to keep looking back at my cab, to make sure he wasn't gonna pop out of it, like some fucked-up Kansas City Claus that screwed with my DIP switches.

Well I guess I'm a newb because I always wondered why on my d9200 I get yellow tints at the top of the monitor....I had no idea this was caused by the speakers which are about 6" from the top of the monitor. Thanks for the video circo.

Circo told me to add pictures, if I want attention. I SAY DIFFERENT!

I'M NOT HAULING MY CRIPPLED ASS ALL THE WAY UPSTAIRS (and down again...just because I have LETHAL ENFORCERS DOESN'T MEAN I HAVE A FUCKING ESCALATOR) JUST TO GET THE CAMERA TO TAKE PICTURES WHICH WILL UNDOUBTEDLY LOOK LIKE SHIT AND BE MET BY EVEN MORE RIDICULOUS SCORN BY YOU GODDAMN NERDS-FOR-DETAIL.

Now, anyone wanna help me out?

Your Savior,

Dr. Strom

It looks like things are about to get interesting around here...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have A Lethal Enforcers with the same issue & if I use the degaussing wand It just messes up again as soon as I move it or another cab .

However I have found the easy solution to monitors that constantly require degauss It Involves a hammer & glass cleanup BOOM no more purity problems LOL ,seriously though if you take an extra speaker mount it in the cab under the bezel near the discolored area it will clear it right up you just have to move the speaker around till you find the right spot mine was the far right rear corner close to the mirror. I have used this method on several cabs & it works like a charm every time So put the hammer away you wont need it till someone comes over & starts beating the start button with the gun to continue.

• 1 month later...
Guest JamminJ

lead sheeting can block magnetic from speakers....just an idea...or just buy magnetically shielded speakers.