Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

MSX Videos

Bigby

I've started making videos for the MSX / MSX 2 system.

About 100 so far, which has been uploaded to the FTP (TSCC format).

Videos are all 640 x 480, with gameplay then a fade to title.

This is part of a wider project that I'm doing for an Xtras pack for the MSX. Which will include Box Art, Screenshots, Tiles, Videos, Gamefaqs, Synopsis, VGmaps .etc

Here's the project page:

MSX Xtras

Finally someone giving MSX some love! Thanks for doing this.

So from the Xtras site I see:

MSX Carts = 508

MSX Disks = 103

MSX 2 Carts = 96

MSX 2 Disks = 48

Homebrew = 95

Total = 850

Are you thinking on adding all these games? Pretty challenging task if so :)

I have all the roms sorted like above......

My hope is to add more disk based games towards the end. So maybe 1000 in total!

Oh, must thank djvj for his excellent tutorials, made my workflow very easy and smooth-sailing :thumbsup:

That was my hope when I made them, it would let others step up and start making move vids! It's not hard at all after you make a couple.

Your tutorials were really good, I need to make some too, but not all approve of my crazy methods :D

• 2 months later...

Just an update... 300 MSX videos done and uploaded to the FTP.

Nice, as soon as I get a little more caught up with things, I will dig into those. Keep on going, your almost to the halfway point! :good2:

• 1 month later...

The final encodes are being upped to your WIP folder, I will get everything moved and posted by tomorrow.

To be clear, is this the entire "carts" collection?

This is the carts for MSX (1), so does not include the MSX 2 carts yet.

The MSX (1) No-Intro set (2010-5-25) has 937 roms altogether. What I did was take out the following...

Alt (Japan) - 304

Alt (Europe) - 7

Alt (Korea) - 4

Beta - 2

BIOS - 1

Cheat Device - 2

Compilations - 3

Demo - 1

Duplicates - 5

Has Translation - 6

Not Working - 1

Programs - 50

Text Heavy - 55

If you look at my sig and click on "MSX Compatibilty List", that is what I am working on.

• 4 weeks later...

Completed the MSX (1) Disks and will be making MSX 2 videos now :gamer:

MSX (1) Carts = 500

MSX (1) Disks = 93

The Carts are No-Intro named and the Disks are Tosec named.

wow so MSX1 is done? This is epic, great job!

Btw do you know any good site to get quality covers for MSX? I think this is probably the first system that has videos done before any boxart or wheels for HS :)

I have collected about 400 covers so far, from Moby Games and Generation MSX mainly. Went through them and cleaned them up a bit, but someone with better skills is welcome to improve on them. :thumbsup:

I can upload them to the FTP also, if you like.(started to upload them)

Also have 144 Cart scans... I'll upload these too.

That would be great, thanks. I'm not an artist myself, but I'll ask a couple of good ones that do a lot of great work for HS to have a look and see if they can improve the ones that need it, also we will aim to have a 3D set done in case you're interested, probably with a standard spine since I don't think it would be possible to find spine scans for all those games.

• 2 months later...

I've made a further 92 MSX 2 videos (carts) and 50 MSX 2 videos (disks). They have been uploaded to my FTP folder. Also uploaded some more Box fronts and some cart shots.

I'm taking a small break from videos, while I make some miscellaneous screenshots for the EmuXtras I'm also working on.

Still have about 100 homebrew videos todo, and then will start adding some more MSX 2 disks, and some MSX 2 carts I might of missed.

I have a little app that makes screenshots from your videos if you think that would help you. IE: if you have 700 vids it creates 700 snaps in one batch :)

Thanks for sending me the tool Circo, and thanks to Tom (GameEx) for making it. It's sped up my work drastically, so I should be able to get back to the videos much sooner :gamer:

Archived