Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

RocketLauncher Media - FTP Question

RetroHumanoid

Hey...I have this project I have been working on for RocketLauncher...and I have amassed over 350gb of media for the pause menu,as well as made fade screens for over 200 systems. I've been working on it since last April,and do regular releases of new media on my youtube channel. 

My question is,how much space is one person allowed to use on the FTP?

Also,if it's too much stuff,I can host the fades on here,as well as some of my smaller custom work I do...but,how do I go about doing this?

Thanks!

A few samples of my work....

591ce0c489f60_SuperNintendoEntertainmentSystem(Europe).thumb.png.b9a190abd4753bc5be0ed011c8599265.png

HyperSpin.thumb.png.5278ab6e5743f2ecf21a35eae7a0abe0.png

591ce0c12b968_SegaMegaDrive.thumb.png.a3ef96f3be76c80f77c674fc5b848977.png

@RetroHumanoid Ohhhh! We should have plenty of space.  Thats amazing!

Just create a directory in upload here, keep me in the loop and I will move to the official (protected section) as systems are done uploading.

@CircoAwesome...will get right on that as soon as June hits. I am dreadfully close to my data cap this month,so I have to wait till then before I can upload it all.

A few things I have to ask,because it may concern your current media released.

1. I have large soundtrack packs for NES (700+),SNES (700+),Genesis (650+),ScummVM (100+),MAME (900+), and a couple hundred random ones on random systems.....all full soundtracks,fully tagged and with cover artwork embedded....so would this be something you would not want to host seeing how you already do partial soundtrack downloads on your site? 

2. Is it better to zip the files,or to have them unzipped when I upload them?

3. Assuming you have not seen my media prior (Not Sure), here is a link to a point in one of my videos where I show what it looks like after it is added in and configured. Maybe,if there are any issues with hosting any of it,you can just let me know and I won't upload that part of it?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtF2nU1ZaK4#t=24m38s

Hopefully everything is kosher, and I can find a place besides MEGA to share all of this stuff....with EmuMovies ftp being my first choice above all other places!

Thanks

Wow that is a lot of media for rocket launcher.  How much space do you think a fully tricked out rocketlauncher with media for every game would take up?  It would be sweet but man we need bigger SSDs.

For every game?....hmm..that all depends on how much is available...but,if I had to guess with my current progress compared to what is still missing...ehhhh...you are looking at probably a 1.5-2TB ballpark figure.

I have been so busy preparing for this server move that I forgot to get back to you.

1. Soundtracks are fine.

2. The fewer files the user has to download the less stress on the server and the faster it is to get.  Tons of little files slow things way down, so zip is preferred.

@Circo ...Ok,so I have placed a folder in 'Upload Here' and named it RetroHumanoid - RLE. In this folder I have made 3 sub-folders... '_Default Media (Global)', '_System Media' and ''Other Media'.

The System Media folder contains the specific 68 system folders for the ones I am working on to completion...the Other Media folder contains any extra media done for the systems that I am not currently focused on (for example,fades for obscure systems and platforms)...the _Default Media folder contains any global default media that RL would use.

I have uploaded one of the smaller systems I have done (Nintendo Virtual Boy), and if you can please check the structure,and notify me if anything should be changed that would be great. If it's good to go as-is,I will start uploading the rest of the media I have in a similar structure.

Thanks!

The video zips for each system contain commercials,documentaries,promo clips,and reviews for the console...depending on which system,some have more than others

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

8 hours ago, BlackTiger78 said:

how the progress going ?

I am finishing up Sega CD/32X now...almost ready to release that and complete those systems.

As for the upload of all of the media to the FTP, I have placed it on hold,seeing how Circo has been rather busy with the Hyperspin website,and Avar has been changing around their FTP quite a bit,among many other things. Once everything settles,I will be there to upload it all. I am sitting at about 400 gig's atm, and would hate to drop that kinda stress on already stressed men. I will soon though,hopefully

Archived