Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Basic question -- keeping track of synced downloads?

Bmuse

Question

Hi all,

New to EmuMovies, and loving EDS! I have a couple of questions -- they're basic, but still kinda confusing.

1. Does EDS keep track of what you've downloaded, and that's how it can inform you of updates? Is that what the have.txt and missing.txt files are for?

2. If so, does that mean I need to keep everything in the same directory it was downloaded into? I've been downloading and then moving the files (keeping two versions of MAME active, for example, so I move the media for each specific set into those folders after downloading.)

Related -- I left a video download going overnight, but the PC rebooted somewhere in the 'D' titles. If I sync again, how will EDS know not to re-download files? Just keeping the same directories set?

As I said, I know these are simple questions, but I want to get it set up for the most efficient use.

Thanks very much!

B

3 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Bmuse said:

Hi all,

New to EmuMovies, and loving EDS! I have a couple of questions -- they're basic, but still kinda confusing.

1. Does EDS keep track of what you've downloaded, and that's how it can inform you of updates? Is that what the have.txt and missing.txt files are for?

2. If so, does that mean I need to keep everything in the same directory it was downloaded into? I've been downloading and then moving the files (keeping two versions of MAME active, for example, so I move the media for each specific set into those folders after downloading.)

Related -- I left a video download going overnight, but the PC rebooted somewhere in the 'D' titles. If I sync again, how will EDS know not to re-download files? Just keeping the same directories set?

As I said, I know these are simple questions, but I want to get it set up for the most efficient use.

Thanks very much!

B

It does keep track and it will resume, it tracks by date of sync.  If you have moved the files it will just redownload the complete folder that was updated.  The mave and missing is for the user to see any issues and also helpful for support.