Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

RetroFE Step by step user guide anyone?

trott

Morning Guy`s,

So I've downloaded the prebuilt RetroFE Pack 1.0 but I take it its not that prebuilt as it wont load so I'm guessing I need a settings.Conf to load? Does anyone have a settings config they can share and a nice step by step guide on setting this baby up?

Cheers.

Hi Phulshof,

Thanks for the reply. I did manage to work out I needed to unpack the files in collections. I have also updated with the update pack.

I'm loving this RetroFE with a passion.

Next questions:

1. Do you need to use RL or an alternative?

2. Do you or anyone have the collection settings for the following systems:

Amiga CD32

Atari 2600

Atari ST

Commodore 64

Commodore Amiga

Daphne

Nintendo Famicom

Nintendo Famicom Disk System

Nintendo Super Famicom

Sega CD

Sega Dreamcast

Sega Saturn

Sega SC-3000

Sinclair ZX Spectrum

SNK Neo Geo CD

Sony PlayStation

Many thanks

Kev.

1. I'm using Linux, so I don't use RocketLauncher nor an alternative; just straight up RetroFE.
2. What type of settings are you looking for? Emulators? Launcher settings? Collection art? ...?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Phulshof,

Being a hyperspinner I do have all the emulators and art. I'm a windows 10 user but what works best? Do I need a launcher? and if so what's everyone using (non Linux)

I'm looking for the collection settings for all the consoles I need.

Cheers Kev.

You don't really NEED RocketLauncher, but it provides some extra features like fading, bezels, etc.

Some of the systems you mentioned can be emulated with MAME; I'm not familiar with the emulators needed for the other systems, but I'll be glad to help you sort it out. If you know how you launch them from HyperSpin or the command line, I can help you with the RetroFE launcher.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm currently building a custom console. I'm 3D printing a japanese famicom and planning on using the FC30 8bitdo controllers. 

Machine spec: 6th Generation Intel® Core™ i5 6600T processor, M.2 128GB SATA Solid State Drive, 2TB SATA 3 6gb, 8gb ddr4 2133mhz Memory, Intel HD.

So if I can use RetroFE with Linux with all the consoles i want without the need of another launcher I'm happy to go Linux route. Is this something you could help with?

Cheers Kev.

Hi phulshof,

Ive been doing some research and it look like Retroarch maybe what I'm looking for and seems to be able to support most if not all the consoles I want to use. Would you be able to help set this up with RetroFE?

Cheers Kev.

RetroArch is very nice and it's an easy way to to emulate most/all of your systems. Set the controls and your paths once and you're good across all the different platforms.

I do like MAME a lot and use it for my arcade games. It can emulate many consoles now but not as well as RetroArch IMO.

Hey, I've dled the 1.0 + 1.1 update, that's very cool !

I'm trying to figure out how to set the .conf files to use with Retroarch too. (don't really know what the command line must look like ; I know it should be something like : retroarch -L "core path corename.dll" "game.rom")

Retroarch is a must have for using old school console emulators on a HD 16/9 modern TV ; the opengl shaders (geom, lottes) are beatiful.

For arcade games, Mame is still the best.

On 11/11/2016 at 8:50 AM, phulshof said:

I see you've found your way to the RetroFE forums as well. :) Hopefully the answers there will help you get everything set up.

Ah cool, could you lik me to this thread ?

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:32 AM, trott said:

Thanks for the reply guy`s. I've worked out how to add all the consoles I require to retrofe but now I just need to get the collection art work to finish that bit off before I start configuring RA can anyone help with this?

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:32 AM, trott said:

Archived