Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Video/Mala set up

Tav

Hey all, sorry this will be the usual newbie questions.

I've downloaded the videos (and xvid) no problems and the videos work fine with WMP but I can't get them to show in Mala?

So like I said I use Mala with a layout called Plasma (from the Mala website) and I've tried linking the folder with all the vdieos (AVI) as snaps, atract videos, definables nothing works. I also tried using a different Layout (v549e) which mentioned it was designed for videos and still cant get anything to show.

Do I need to put all the videos in the same file or rename it to something else? I tried moving a video into the snap folder and also renaming the main folder as 'snap' still couldnt get anything. Are there any other settings in Mala I might be missing?

Any help would be great, thanks.

Btw thanks for all the work put into the site and videos, they're a great way to finish off a cab :praising:.

Hey all, sorry this will be the usual newbie questions.

I've downloaded the videos (and xvid) no problems and the videos work fine with WMP but I can't get them to show in Mala?

So like I said I use Mala with a layout called Plasma (from the Mala website) and I've tried linking the folder with all the vdieos (AVI) as snaps, atract videos, definables nothing works. I also tried using a different Layout (v549e) which mentioned it was designed for videos and still cant get anything to show.

Do I need to put all the videos in the same file or rename it to something else? I tried moving a video into the snap folder and also renaming the main folder as 'snap' still couldnt get anything. Are there any other settings in Mala I might be missing?

Any help would be great, thanks.

Btw thanks for all the work put into the site and videos, they're a great way to finish off a cab :praising:.

All the videos for a system should be in one folder, you need to turn videos on in the Mala setup

Here is a link with the instructions. If you still have questions I can look a little deeper.

All the videos for a system should be in one folder, you need to turn videos on in the Mala setup

Here is a link with the instructions. If you still have questions I can look a little deeper.

Hey Circo, thanks for the quick response. All the vids were extracted into a AVI folder which is where I've left them, just wondering if they needed to be taken out of the sub folders and all placed in one or if Mala will serach the sub folders. I have tried putting a couple in a seperate folder and linking to that but nothing showed.

The show video is ticked and I've linked to the folder via the attract video option in Mala.

When I used MALA, I just made a folder in the emulator called Videos. They were all .avi files with the names matching the game. In the options menu, under other emu config, select the options tab. Then select the emulator and show the path to where you have your snaps. Hope this helps.

No mame option in 'other emus', tried creating one but didnt work but I have changed something in settings because now if it's in the main folder (now videos :)) it works but its not find anything else. Looks like I'll just have to combine them all into one folder.

Thanks

No mame option in 'other emus', tried creating one but didnt work but I have changed something in settings because now if it's in the main folder (now videos :)) it works but its not find anything else. Looks like I'll just have to combine them all into one folder.

Thanks

If you are talking about the #-Z directories for mame, that is just to overcome a file limitation of the ftp. In use they all need to be in the same directory ie mame/videos

Thanks that was the problem, I probably didn't have the videos option ticked before when I tried placing a few vids in the top folder.

Any idea why a video might make Mala crash? Mala crashes when I scroll onto Kamikaze, game works fine in Mame, video looks ok in the wmp but if I scroll onto it in Mala it shows about half a second of the vid then crashes.

Kangaroo vid also doesnt play in Mala but works in wmp but it doesnt crash Mala?

(Dont worry I wont post every vid that doesn't work, just trying to get an idea if these are normal or if I still dont have things set up right)

I swear the more I try to fix bugs in my set up the more unstable I make it :) I've also lost direct 3d now for no good reason i can see.

Thanks that was the problem, I probably didn't have the videos option ticked before when I tried placing a few vids in the top folder.

Any idea why a video might make Mala crash? Mala crashes when I scroll onto Kamikaze, game works fine in Mame, video looks ok in the wmp but if I scroll onto it in Mala it shows about half a second of the vid then crashes.

I swear the more I try to fix bugs in my set up the more unstable I make it :( I've also lost direct 3d now for no good reason i can see.

grab the sq version of that one vid off the ftp and see if that fixes it. Let me know I may have to check that file out

It looks like lots of the vids crash Mala for me, so far Krull and the playchoice games for sure. I've no problem signing up for FTP if the vids are more likely to work with my set up but if it's a problem at my end I'd like to try figure out what's happening first?

For what it's worth I now have direct 3d back, just had to crash it completely then go back to an earlier restore point, this thing is a deck of cards outdoors on a windy day lol.

The torrent stuff is getting a little old at this point, mala has always been a bit weird with vids, but i thought loadman had fixed most of the issues. I would suggest grabbing the codec pack from our downloads section (CCCP)

Hey everyone,

first I´d like to thank the admins and users for contributing to this great page; you`ve done an incredibly good job.

I have the same problem as user Tav but did not solve it with the suggested hints, though I am working on the problem for 2 days now with growing frustration:

I´ve put some avi video snaps in a seperate folder in the mame folder, linked it through Mala under attract videos, ticked "show videos" and it doesn´t work at all.

same with the cabinet pics: I´ve put them into the mame cabinet folder and assigned it with a link in Mala - doesn´t show. The onkly thing that shows up is the snap/title. If I link snap/title with the cabinet folder, my mala frontend shows the cabinets (small) in the snap/title field - looks stupid. Besides I wonder why Mala doesn`t offer a seperat link to "cabinet pictures" or so. There is only such folder in Mame.

I would not have posted this questions if I had not tried almost every box and option in Mala / Mame... sorry.

hugs

Have you checked if your theme is set up for videos, cabs, etc. If I remember right you can change what shows up in each box in the theme editor.

Hello,

Thanks that was the problem! I have downloaded several themes now, but only one supports videos.

kind regards

don

Hello,

Thanks that was the problem! I have downloaded several themes now, but only one supports videos.

kind regards

don

Good eye Circo. I was about to suggest the same thing. ;-)

Good eye Circo. I was about to suggest the same thing. ;-)

I have done my time in the trenches setting up themes :D

Besides when many of those mala themes came out video previews were a novelty.

Archived