Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Foot switches and Mame

titchgamer

Just wondered if anyone had ever tried using a USB foot switch with MAME?

I brought a 3 pedal programable USB foot switch off the bay (basically thinks its a keyboard).

I was thinking it could be used with Time Crisis and driving games.

Anyways in windows it works fine in MAME not so good.

If i enter the options screen i can get it to register after holing it down and tapping it a few times but then in game nothing.

Its obv a prob with MAME itself but I am not really sure what so I thought ide ask if anyone else had tried something similar or if they had and ideas.

Just to update I got this working good now :)

Was me being a bit daft I noticed when playing with it in note pad (to see the button presses!)

That each button worked fine as a momentary stroke but had no hold ability and it was obv to fast for mame to register.

Managed to find a option on the software to allow long presses and now it works great!

Raceing game pedals and time crisis pedals all in one! Yay lol

Sure, its one of https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161598756652

Basicly its a 3 switch foot pedal that plugs in via USB.

It comes with a cd with some software on and thats about it.

You plug it into the PC and it thinks its a keyboard.

Then you program each switch in the software to the key you want it to control with a few other options if you so wish.

Its rather basic but is ideal for driving set ups with the 3 pedals or time crisis like I wanted it for :p

Of course you could use it for pretty much anything lol

• 3 weeks later...

This looks like a great option for games like Time Crisis. How are you finding it for driving games? I assume the pedals operate as on/off switches where as an accelerator pedal for a driving game would have a variable input.

The basic driving games are fine, as you say they are on off switches they dont have a pot so theres no speed control as such but you can just go the old fashioned route and ride the pedals a bit lol

As for time crisis and that though its perfect really adds to the feel of the game!

Archived