Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Problem with Videos (Audio only no Video)

goochee64

Hi

I downloaded the Video Snaps for Mame via HyperSync Cloud and noticed that some of the videos only play the audio. eg mslug.mp4. While others like galaxian.mp4 plays both audio and video.

Tried playing them via Windows Media Centre with the same behaviour. Tried VLC and both work.

Sounds like different codecs have been used for the videos.

Search the site and google for a suitable codec to install but have not had any success.

Can you help me out?

Cheers

Goochee

As stated in another post it appears to be all SNK NeoGeo MVS games via mame are only playing audio with no video. If you download them instead as SNK NeoGeo MVS videos they work just fine. It's more then likely an encoding issue with the SNK Mame set.

i just redid all of those. Windows media player always has a hard time but surprised Hyperspin is. I may have to look at the encoding. Can anyone else verify that HS 1.4 is not playing the SNK videos.

i just redid all of those. Windows media player always has a hard time but surprised Hyperspin is. I may have to look at the encoding. Can anyone else verify that HS 1.4 is not playing the SNK videos.

Using 1.4, as of last night the issue was still there. I will check the file you linked in the other post and get back with you.

Are the mame videos fixed yet? Sync updated all my mame videos and none of them showed up. I used a backup and things are working but just a heads up those mame videos arnt showing up in hyperspin but they do play outside of hyperspin

That is really strange. Those have not been touched in a long time.

I have slowly been trickling through mame updates over the last couple of months. I am encoding the masters with my new (tested) encoder settings and post a news article when they are up. Didn't see any mtxxxxx files so I will have to take a closer look at that.

Thanks. I had them all already but when I synced it changed all my files to 0 kb. It changed a lot of fils to 0 kb. The ssrider file played outside of hyperspin but not display within. I restored my files and work file again. Any file that displayed emumovies within the icon rather then gameplay were t showing aka the new videos for me at least