Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Video Question on Maximus Arcade

sharp23

I downloaded all the video snaps from EmuMovies for my maximus arcade.  Everything works really well except for one thing:  The videos for all games on the video selection screen are too big and the top/bottom/sides are cut off.    You can still see most of the video but it looks weird having it cut off.  Any idea how I can shrink the size of the video down or if there is any settings in maximus arcade to fix this?  I looked all through maximus arcade settings and couldn't find a way to make the game selection video screen any bigger.  

In case you need the information, I downloaded all video snap files from here and had to convert all the hi quality mp4 videos to .wmv files to make them work on maximus arcade (for some reason .avi files only game me sound and no video)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me on this issue.

Kevin

The avi problem is probably a codec issue, and the size is most likely a theme issue.  Its a shame there is no longer support for maximus and I don't personally use it as the authors let it die.  Hopefully there is someone around here with some experience with it.  You may want to try the Maximus Arcade forum over at arcadecontrols.com.  Some users got together and made a support forum after the MA forums got locked a few years ago. 

I downloaded all the video snaps from EmuMovies for my maximus arcade.  Everything works really well except for one thing:  The videos for all games on the video selection screen are too big and the top/bottom/sides are cut off.    You can still see most of the video but it looks weird having it cut off.  Any idea how I can shrink the size of the video down or if there is any settings in maximus arcade to fix this?  I looked all through maximus arcade settings and couldn't find a way to make the game selection video screen any bigger.  

In case you need the information, I downloaded all video snap files from here and had to convert all the hi quality mp4 videos to .wmv files to make them work on maximus arcade (for some reason .avi files only game me sound and no video)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me on this issue.

Kevin

Just to chime in on Maximus Arcade. I believe the guy is still letting people register it and pay for it. For me, that is criminal. He's been gone for years and I had no idea that he was gone when I registered it years ago (before I found Gameex) - when I needed help he was no where to be found. It's too bad that he still sells something he has no desire to support or update or fix. Sorry, I feel better now....just ticked me off when I paid for it years back and I haven't forgot it.... :)

Can't help you but I do have a suggestion, get GameEx. I purchased MA years ago and no support after that. Just got tired of no updates. I purchased GameEx several weeks ago and started to setup for EVO which will be coming out sometime this year. It looks like they will have a theme like MA, PLUS ITS SUPPORTED :).

I am with Baby Mario, he ticked me off also, and he is still selling it on the MA website, he is a j3rk.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

you can do that in the theme editor of Maximus Arcade. If you open that up and choose 'open' and then go to the 'skins' folder you can pop open whatever theme you're using. Once you have it open you can select 'Interface' from the top menu and then 'game selection'. It will take you to the screen with the video sprite. You can then adjust that to make it smaller or larger. There might also be a sprite that overlays your video in an attempt to keep it in the cabinet picture they have. 

The video sprite should be called 'MAME_screen' and if you select that from the sprite menu at the top you can change the width and height. It should auto adjust though based on the size of the video clip. So if you're having issues with the sizes of them you should be able to crop them in an external video program so they're all the same dimensions and then change the MAME_screen sprite to suite that.

Hope that helps.

Archived