Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

New to Emumovies/Hyperspin - how do I rename video files to match roms?

SpatzST

Hello everyone, I am new to hyperspin/emu.

So i have a sub to emumovies and I am currently running the download service for all artwork and videos for NES emulator.  I have noticed that since the video files are not named identically to the rom name they dont play ( i assume this goes for artwork as well).  What is the procedure to fix this without changing every single one manually?

thanks

chris

EDIT/UPDATE:

So after much frustration I finally found a program that works.  FatMatch. Seems to be working.  My next question is how do I determine what folder certain types of art go into? How can I see what specific Themes require?

Hi,

I am new to both systems as well so let me tell you my experience and path.

I installed Hyperspin & Hyperlaunch then used HyperlaunchHQ to match up all my rom names with the systems expected names in the xml files in the database directory of Hyperspin for each system. Like rename the rom files to match the provided xml list.

I then ran Hypersynch and entered my accounts (Plat membership at Hyperspin). All I did was configure the systems to match what the wheel settings were and clicked sync. All media and art was done by the software.

So I believe if you keep your rom files matching the xml files from the Hyperlist everything should just work.

Before I go and purchase a subscription to Emumovies, can some one just confirm what I have said is correct? and that using Hypersynch with a Emumovies subscription should just grab what I need and be named correctly? I tested using manual downloads of the 240p video and it seemed to follow the same xml list from Hhyperspin/Hyperlist.

Hi,

I am new to both systems as well so let me tell you my experience and path.

I installed Hyperspin & Hyperlaunch then used HyperlaunchHQ to match up all my rom names with the systems expected names in the xml files in the database directory of Hyperspin for each system. Like rename the rom files to match the provided xml list.

I then ran Hypersynch and entered my accounts (Plat membership at Hyperspin). All I did was configure the systems to match what the wheel settings were and clicked sync. All media and art was done by the software.

So I believe if you keep your rom files matching the xml files from the Hyperlist everything should just work.

Before I go and purchase a subscription to Emumovies, can some one just confirm what I have said is correct? and that using Hypersynch with a Emumovies subscription should just grab what I need and be named correctly? I tested using manual downloads of the 240p video and it seemed to follow the same xml list from Hhyperspin/Hyperlist.

Hey, so I caved and just bought platinum @ hyperspin and I have emumovies too.  Yes, it downloads and syncs all the videos correctly.  My main problem now is that I have several copies of the same games in Mame and they all show up in the list... So like I'll have 5 of one game, for several games.  I'm not sure how to clean it up.

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I had experienced with the plat membership at Hyperspin that the art would work with Hypersync but wasn't sure about videos.

I realise it is something of an expense getting everything to work and paying for the memberships and xpadder. The entire project itself for me has been expensive (including hardware), so I was hopping to have the question answered  before I spend any more money.

Thanks again.

*Edit, I found Mame to be the real pain (and SSF). Since I actually own a Sega Saturn and lots of games I happy to talk about that, I just manually renamed the games because there wasn't a lot.

But for Mame I am sure that in theory if you looked hard enough you could find a pre set up Mame+ torrent including roms =) This would in theory make that process much easier. But I wouldn't know first hand about that.

I already looked, didnt see one.

Also, as for HyperSync downloading videos, I was wrong.  There is a glitch/bug that has yet to be fixed where HyperSync won't download Mame Videos specifically.  I'm not sure if its a widespread problem, but I've seen several forum posts about it, and I am experiencing the same issue.  Seems that I was using the videos I downloaded from the Emumovies download utility, not movies downloaded from HyperSync.  However, the program is still amazing for every other console/system.

The Emumovies downloader works just fine for the Mame Videos.  Just set the download folder as your hyperspin/media folder and it downloads and names them appropriately.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, so I caved and just bought platinum @ hyperspin and I have emumovies too.  Yes, it downloads and syncs all the videos correctly.  My main problem now is that I have several copies of the same games in Mame and they all show up in the list... So like I'll have 5 of one game, for several games.  I'm not sure how to clean it up.

Are they child ROMs of the same game? Like, a European, World, and US version of certain games? If so, that's an easy fix.

-Open HyperHQ

-Go to the Wheel Settings tab

-Select MAME in the Choose a Wheel dropdown menu

-Go to the Navigation/Themes tab located below that menu

-Select the checkbox on the right titled Parents Only

Hope that's what you were looking for.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure there is an easy way and hopefully someone else will chime in but i just roll through the XML files and manually delete the duplicate/non working games from the master xml list. After you do this just make sure NOT to update the xml or it will re add everything ( found this out the hard way)

Archived