Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

ScummVM update?

thatpurplestuff

Hey there,

I just finished theming the entire ScummVM set for Hyperspin a couple of weeks ago and am about to upload the wheel set for ScummVM version 1.6.0 as well... it would be awesome to get the latest videos captured for all of these games since that is all we are missing to have the entire set completed.

• 2 months later...

I pushed a few videos that I created this morning to fill the gaps in my own ScummVM collection to the ftp here:

/Upload Here/the_poon/SCUMMVM/Videos

I had to capture them with Camtasia and consequently all the videos are at 30 fps. I could find no information regarding a standard length of gameplay / title / overall so I just kept them all under a minute.

I have time to do this and will happily fill any gaps; it would just be nice to know if the standards required are being met!

:)

• Like 2

I pushed a few videos that I created this morning to fill the gaps in my own ScummVM collection to the ftp here:

/Upload Here/the_poon/SCUMMVM/Videos

I had to capture them with Camtasia and consequently all the videos are at 30 fps. I could find no information regarding a standard length of gameplay / title / overall so I just kept them all under a minute.

I have time to do this and will happily fill any gaps; it would just be nice to know if the standards required are being met!

excellent!!  Will definitely be checking these out!

edit: Just had a chance to view them and it's great to be able to scroll through the games and actually see a preview!  One thing I noticed though is that it appears that these new videos are sized slightly off (640w x 400h when all of the others are 640w x 480h).  It's not super noticeable on themes that I had Hyperspin create the frame, but for games where the frame is a raster image you can see the empty 80px space above and below the video.  Hope we can get this sorted but like I said it's already awesome to be able to see previews for a lot of these games that have flown under the radar!

The videos that are only 400px high are that way because it is exactly double the 320x200 resolution that most Scumm games use natively. I wanted to maintain the original aspect ratio where possible. For instance, a lot of the living books are 512x384. I'll look into making them 480 so long as the end result isn't too elongated!

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Tapatalk 2

I took this from the video submission guide here: http://emumovies.com/forums/index.php/topic/2547-video-submission-guidelines-and-tutorial-2011-version-basic/

It was the only paragraph written in bold. :)

• When setting up the emulator for capturing be sure that no video effects or filters are enabled and that proper aspect ratio is used for the given game...do not force an unnatural aspect ratio. Exception: resolution multipliers are acceptable so long as they don't alter the pixels...in other words no HQ4x or SAI.

So the living books could be scaled up by 1.25 from 512x384 to 640x480 but the games that are native at 320x200 (or any other odd resolutions that there may be) will have to remain at that aspect ratio.

I just scaled up the three Living Books that I had done and put them here:

/Upload Here/the_poon/SCUMMVM/Videos/Scaled Up

They are now at 640x480. There is no option for a 1.25 scale in ScummVM so the resize was done to the resulting video. Take your pick!

What's usually done is to resize them in order to maintain a specific height in pixels, but always keeping the original aspect ratio. So height should be 240p for the 240p sets and 480p for the 480p sets.

What's usually done is to resize them in order to maintain a specific height in pixels, but always keeping the original aspect ratio. So height should be 240p for the 240p sets and 480p for the 480p sets.

So, if I've understood correctly, it's OK for me to push the height to 480 as long as the aspect ratio is maintained. This would make the resulting video 768x480.

I appreciate the help and advice as I want to get this right!

Thanks to brolly clarifying the video height / aspect ratio shenanigans for me I have finished resizing all the videos I've done so far and now they are all here at 768 x 480:

/Upload Here/the_poon/SCUMMVM/Videos/Scaled Up

Hey there,

I just finished theming the entire ScummVM set for Hyperspin a couple of weeks ago and am about to upload the wheel set for ScummVM version 1.6.0 as well... it would be awesome to get the latest videos captured for all of these games since that is all we are missing to have the entire set completed.

Did you ever finish all those wheels for ScummVM? I had started myself but I got tied up with the videos instead. I had a look on the FTP but didn't see a folder with your name on it although I did find all the themes at Hyperbase.

I'm currently contemplating whether to redo the existing official videos as some of them (Full Throttle for instance) have been aspect ratio corrected and all of them have no title at the end. This obviously makes it a slightly larger project than first anticipated but at least it keeps me out of the pub.

Ultimately we could complete the ScummVM setup and that would make me smile.

Sweet, thanks pinsanity. I will check those out when I get home from work. If the babies have got rid of their cold and the Mrs has had some sleep I might get something done tonight!

Sent from my GT-S5839i using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

excellent!!  Will definitely be checking these out!

edit: Just had a chance to view them and it's great to be able to scroll through the games and actually see a preview!  One thing I noticed though is that it appears that these new videos are sized slightly off (640w x 400h when all of the others are 640w x 480h).  It's not super noticeable on themes that I had Hyperspin create the frame, but for games where the frame is a raster image you can see the empty 80px space above and below the video.  Hope we can get this sorted but like I said it's already awesome to be able to see previews for a lot of these games that have flown under the radar!

I'm going to push up a second set of videos that have been aspect ratio corrected so as to solve the missing space problem in the themes that have already been done.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the lack of activity on this thread. Real life has got in the way a little bit (work, children, funerals) but, rest assured, I am still chugging away at this. Seeing as my user class has changed to 'Content Contributor' (Thank you) I'd better keep contributing!

• Like 1

I just fired several more videos to my upload folder and noticed that I'd made a couple of naming errors on the files that have been made official.

Namely:

'dog.mp4' should be 'dog-win.mp4'

'dw.mp4' should be 'dw-cd.mp4'

'rtz.mp4' should be 'rtz-cd.mp4'

I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to edit these myself. :)

I should have this complete by the close of play tomorrow. Happy Easter everyone!

Okay, all videos are done and in my FTP folder. The only ones I am missing are 'Arthur's Computer Adventure' as ScummVM says it will not run and 'The Journeyman Project - Pegasus Prime' as I cannot find this game anywhere. If anybody is able to help me out with these two games then I would be eternally grateful.

Enjoy!

I'm still missing a few videos that I can't find in your folder or in the official folder.

BluesBirthday-1

harryhh-win

loom-ega

BluesTreasureHunt-win

Are these available?

Uploaded mate.

Also regarding 'loom-ega'. The original video done by Circo IS 'loom-ega' but it downloads as 'loom-vga', I would simply rename it first and then download 'loom-vga' and 'loom-fm'.

Hope this helps