Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Sony PlayStation Updated (754 Videos)

Circo

Another huge update for Sony PlayStation today and this one brings you 754 new Video Snaps. A huge thanks to members BadSeed and Koravain for help with submissions. Continue reading for a list of what has been added to the FTP and Download Service.

Videos Snaps Added/Replaced:

Spoiler

Click here to view the article

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I was happy to read about the PSX videos being remade, but after grabbing the first few, I was disappointed to see some games don't have the CDDA audio capped. :(

I forgot which exactly, but one of the Xtreme games (2Xtreme or 3Xtreme, forgot which, maybe both), and 3D Lemmings are examples of this.  I did the old ones which were capped wrong using ePSXe with gfx improvements but they did have CDDA audio whenever present.  Just thought I'd point it out for future capping! :D

Also not exactly sure of what you mean with that DJonek. You mean games were loaded within epsxe using the data track directly and therefore all CDDA audio tracks are missing? Is this what you mean?

Circo, are you loading the games using the .cue or .bin files?

The game DJoneK might be referring to is ESPN Extreme Games, there's no BGM in the video, due to an incorrect cue I'm guessing. Also Rival Schools has very low framerate and bad audio. There's a few issues with some other games like TOCA 2 (is frozen for the majority of the clip) but other than that, you guys are doing a great job!

A bad cue should prevent the game to be loaded (if it doesn't then that's one more problem in epsxe...), what could have happened is the video maker selected the first .bin file by mistake instead of the .cue for that game.

2Xtreme and 3D Lemmings seem to be the only ones I noticed.  I tried a few random like 1Xtreme, Agile Warrior F-111X and Twisted Metal 2, and those have the CDDA audio just fine.  Seems like it's not a problem overall, but some do miss the precious audio.  Would need some kind of revision to see if there are any more missing it.  Hopefully it's just those 2 lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Twisted Metal (USA) could also be missing CDDA.  I totally switched to the new sets and got rid of my old one so I can't compare anymore, but hopefully the ones missing cdda can be redone in the future as they are found.  No biggie.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...