Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

DAT file for MAME Video Snaps [480p] v.0.150/151

cnterr

Hi, today I've finished rearranging the videos collection downloaded from the EmuMovies FTP.
I've renamed all MAME 0.148 videos to make them compatible with version 0.150, the result was this:

• Videos originally downloaded from FTP:     4458

• Good video renamed with MAMErenSET by AntoPISA from 0.148 to 0.150:     4210

• Video with names of older MAME versions (especially 0.140u2) or simply wrong names:     146

• Doubles videos of the same game (different recording) with different name:     76

• Cave SH3 videos:     11

• Video of games removed from MAME:     2

• Identical videos with different names. Deleted:     13

• Complete videos collection for MAME 0.150:     4356

I've attached clrmamepro DAT file for rebuild videos collection 0.150.
To use videos with MAME 0.151, rebuild collection with my clrmamepro DAT and migrate all videos names from 0.150 to 0.151 using  MAMErenSET by AntoPISA.

EmuMovies MAME Video Snaps 480p v.0.150.rar

Readme.txt

Note:

To use the videos collection with MAME Plus XT simply renaming the files to avi with the command:

ren *.mp4 *.avi

The player distributed with emulator does not know the difference between two formats and will open the videos correctly.

MAMErenSET should be ran in the FTP folder directly on each MAME update otherwise the video sets will soon become a complete mess. As you can see from the post above current set is already out of sync with the current MAME db since files aren't renamed since .148 or so.

This wasn't done in the Hypersync artwork as well and I was fixing all theme and wheel names a few weeks ago, definitely not something I enjoyed doing especially since keeping sets properly named only takes a few seconds on each MAME update if you use MAMErenSET. Hopefully Hypersync admins will start using it from now on, at least baddeolv assured me he would.

Hope Circo starts doing it on videos too.

The video arcade in FTP are already a mess, look in the first post how many duplicate or unnecessary files I found, it took two weeks to rearrange all the videos, for this reason I've created a dat file.
Use it with clrmamepro and you will have your collection synchronized with the MAME 0.150, then uses the MAMErenSET and you will have synchronized it  with the MAME 0.151.

So I load your dat file in clrmamepro and use the default settings and run a scan on the video folder I have and it will rename the videos (basically treat them like roms)?   Are there any special settings I have to use with your dat file that differ than how you use it with a normal rom dat file?  Currently if I try to run it at default on the 148 mame folder I got from the ftp it says none of the videos match and they are all unneeded files.

The video arcade in FTP are already a mess, look in the first post how many duplicate or unnecessary files I found, it took two weeks to rearrange all the videos, for this reason I've created a dat file.

Use it with clrmamepro and you will have your collection synchronized with the MAME 0.150, then uses the MAMErenSET and you will have synchronized it  with the MAME 0.151.

That's what I was saying. And I don't need to use anything as I always keep my video sets up to date with the current MAME version ;)

2 weeks seems like a long time just to fix that though, unless you are doing everything manually this could be done within a few hours with some scripting.

That's what I was saying. And I don't need to use anything as I always keep my video sets up to date with the current MAME version ;)

2 weeks seems like a long time just to fix that though, unless you are doing everything manually this could be done within a few hours with some scripting.

There are 2 files, one with right name and one with wrong name, for example:

m4conn4.mp4

and

m5conna.mp4

This files refer to the same video but the second has a wrong name that does not match any of the previous release of MAME.

For realizing this I have to see the wrong name movie.

At this point which movie will be chosen? Play them both and choose based on this criterions:

Discard the video in low resolution;

Keep the movie that end up with blurring to the title of the game (as do almost all others)

Decide at my discretion if both movies are already in high resolution and end up with blurring to the title of the game.

Multiply the thing for a few hundred files and tell me how to accomplish it with a script.

Sorry for my bad english.

So I load your dat file in clrmamepro and use the default settings and run a scan on the video folder I have and it will rename the videos (basically treat them like roms)?   Are there any special settings I have to use with your dat file that differ than how you use it with a normal rom dat file?  Currently if I try to run it at default on the 148 mame folder I got from the ftp it says none of the videos match and they are all unneeded files.

Hi rocket, you have two options.

Doing a rebuild of the videos collection with the clrmamepro (recommended):

Select source and destination location and start rebuilding.

Or scanning your existing videos folder with this trick:

Go to the folder where your files currently reside (eg "EmuMovies Video Snap");

Create a subfolder named "Video Snaps 0.150";

Move all mp4 files from root folder (eg "EmuMovies Video Snap") inside the subfolder "Video Snaps 0.150";

At this point load the DAT file and add the root folder, in which they were originally the videos, to the ROM path (eg "EmuMovies Video Snap");

Start scanning by enabling options "Run Analysis" and "Fix Files" in section "Hash & CHD."

I advise you to check all our other hash options for a more deep analysis.

Thanks cnterr, the rebuild worked but for whatever reason I only have 4319 videos.  Did you have add any additional sets for the missing videos?

No, I haven't added any files.

Try to run again the rebuild in the same destination folder, in some cases require multiple steps.

The downloadable videos from FTP are 4458, are you sure you've downloaded them all?

If necessary attach the FixDAT of missing files. I will try to help you.

You can easily find low resolution videos with a script, using MediaInfo dll for example. You can also check the video length and if one is too short you can discard that one.

There will be some that you'll always need to compare for yourself, but the large bulk can be stripped out through a script. I've done this before when I cleaned my set. Most of the wrong named ones are leftovers from the old set that were never removed.

Anyway just throwing ideas, you have fixed everything already and from now on it will be pretty easy to keep your set up to date with the MAME releases and without any leftover videos.

Archived