Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

My mame machine , neo geo and pin I have

jjdemu

Hi all first post here and wanted to show off my mame machine that is about 90-95% done so far and my other machines. Little bit on how it all came about I ask the wife if I could make one hehe always have to ask first :confused: after some time she gave in. I went through craigslist and found someone that had a stripped out painted over defender cab and decided to make that my mame build. Got her all stripped and painted and went to an auction and bought a single slot neo geo with a 19in monitor and the defender mame cab got put on hold for about a month. Shortly after I picked up 4 arcade monitors for free , one was missing the chassis and others I looked them over and see if any had burnt spots and one looked pretty clean. I hooked the good looking one up to the neo geo and surprise it worked and didn't need recap. So the search went on to find a bigger cab for the 25in and got a reply off a craigslist post I made and pick up 2 cabs with boards but no monitors. So I converted over the cab that had Tekken 2 in it to my mame machine. I am about 95% done with it. In the heart of the cab for now is a Dell 8300 with a 2.8 ghz processor, 1 gig memory, ArcadeVGA agp video card I pick up from ebay, Jpac, and hack up power computer speakers powering the regular arcade speakers. Surprising the sound is nice and has some decent bass to them. Future update to the cab will be a new control panel that will house a trackball and different player controls. Still looking for a marquee that I want to use for it. Here are pictures still have to do a few more buttons so I don't have to use the keyboard. Also I downloaded Hyperspin to use as the front end and looking into getting that set up soon.

post-2468-12695032088_thumb.jpgpost-2468-126950322034_thumb.jpgpost-2468-126950324252_thumb.jpg

My pride and joy is my Doctor Who Pinball machine my wife paid for. I pick this up in October 2009 I have always been a fan of the show old and new. I found it on Mr Pinball for $775 and took the 18 hour round trip to pick it up. All works just needs a new dmd and a nice clean translight.

post-2468-126950290022_thumb.jpgpost-2468-126950297531_thumb.jpg

Another machine I have well I have 2 of them are Big Reds. I pick up 2 of these Jan 17. Only paid $150 for both. Each one came with 4 games. Had a ground problem on one of them I fix that and monitor and games looks pretty nice, the other I clean the tokens and mechs that was around the transformer that look like it shorted out, monitor is dead on that one. All the game work and both 4 slots work. Figure it was not a bad deal one cab looks pretty good other one has a chewed up corner. Both of the machines had the manuals and new set of keys inside. Games are league bowling, two of fatal fury, fatal fury 2, 3 Count Bout, Baseball Stars Professional, Samurai Shodown, Ghost Pilots, also had the boxes for Sengoku and King of the Monsters but no games inside them.

Games that I have also is Puzzle De Pon!, Real Bout Fatal Fury, Spinmaster, Strikers 1945 Plus, Super Sidekicks 2 so far. Plus I have a 138-1 Neo geo cart because I like playing the neo geo games on the dedicated cabinet. Here is the picture of the one in the game room.

post-2468-126950348835_thumb.jpgpost-2468-126950350703_thumb.jpg

post-2468-126950357465_thumb.jpg

Another machine I pick up for free no less :) 3/21/10 . I seen an ad on craigslist for a Super Mario for free that did not work and figure what the heck I see if he still has it and pick it up. He gave me another monitor with screen burn and missing I think the amp board and another power supply with it also. Condition of the game was not to bad, missing one of the wood board that sits on the ground and another one was off. Coin door bad shape with nothing on it except a front of the coin mech. Also the harness was not hacked up but they replaced the light fixture with 2 light sockets with 15 watt bulbs which of course was burned out or the fixtures are bad. I plug her in and it look like it was resetting ( like my old nes if it was dirty) and the monitor is way out of adjustments. So I pulled the board out and made sure it was all there and notice one of the chips had skate kids printed on it and the main chip was Super Mario. Came back inside and looked about info about skate kids and it is a mod alt graphic hack for mario. So I reseated the chips and surprise it actually booted up. Still playing around with the monitor but when it first starts up the top inch or so has lines through it and is smashed together. After playing around it a little today and actually played it for a while the top of screen actually straighten up some. Figure it may need a cap kit. I figure this was not a bad deal for free with it working at least after reseating the chips. Now to just get the regular chips for it.

post-2468-126950364511_thumb.jpgpost-2468-126950368254_thumb.jpg

As you can tell I like to have original machines as well but the mame machine does help out on ones I do not have so far.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really like that Dr Who pin, I would love to stumble across one of those in good shape.

Was surprise they had a Dr Who pinball at the last auction I went to. This thing was trashed and it went for $700 hammer price. I was hoping for maybe a few hundred and I would restore it.

Very nice collection! I'm a big fan of the Neo-Geo/MVS cabs. If, and I say this very very loosely, if I ever start on another cab, it'll be a Neo-Geo one for MAME.

• 3 months later...

Very nice collection! I'm a big fan of the Neo-Geo/MVS cabs. If, and I say this very very loosely, if I ever start on another cab, it'll be a Neo-Geo one for MAME.

Sweetness!

Thanks for sharing!

Why does it need a nice clean translight ?

Is this one damaged or just dirty ?

If it is dirty, you can clean it with several cleaning liquids.

But be careful when it has scratches in it at the back.

I used a liquid like the foam glass cleaner in the past.

Worked nice and got most of the dirt off.

There are other liquids i use since a while ago, but these are sold in Holland with a Dutch name on them.

Anyway, It is less aggressive then red devil.

Best to start with is the foam cleaner.

Hope this helps :)