Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

ROM hack video snaps??

Riffman81

This has probably already been asked before, but are there any plans to do video snaps for ROM hacks for systems like NES, SNES, and Genesis? I'm asking because although I don't have a huge collection of hacks on my cab, I do have some of the well-made ones like Mega Man Ultra (NES) and Super Metroid Redesign (SNES) There are some really great hacks out there and I for one wouldn't mind having video snaps for some of them. All of my ROM hacks are renamed to follow the no-intro naming system, so I can provide a list if anyone might be interested in doing some of them.

Ok, will get to it today. Wasn't sure if that was allowed or not.

EDIT: Uploaded.

Some of the translated games you uploaded already have a clip in the official 240p .mp4 folder. The rest should have have Title and Gameplay segments uploaded in my folder on the ftp.  The latter just need to be stitched together.

Some of the translated games you uploaded already have a clip in the official 240p .mp4 folder. The rest should have have Title and Gameplay segments uploaded in my folder on the ftp.  The latter just need to be stitched together.

Thanks for the Info! Any chance of 480p versions of these down the road?

• 2 weeks later...

Circo,

I've removed all the translations from the FTP. Looks like we have almost all but a handfull... I'm hunting those last few down and will upload the ROMs if you need them. I also removed the hacks that you've done video snaps for and added 3 more to the SNES folder.

- Super Metroid: Redesign

- Super Metroid: Z-Factor

- Super Mario World Deluxe

I also wanted to mention that the Zelda Parallel Worlds title screen seems to have graphical glitches playing on bsnes and Snes9x due to both emus being pretty accurate. Seems to work fine on Zsnes. I actually own a real cart version of that hack and it messes up on real hardware as well, but the game plays perfectly fine. I wanted to mention that in case you had trouble getting the title screen sequence for that hack.

Also, if you haven't noticed already... the title screen on Super Mario World Brutal has a glitch type effect going on... However, it's actually not a glitch but rather an effect thrown in by the creator.... not sure why but wanted to let you know.

I purchased FRAPS last night, so maybe I'll be able to start doing video snaps soon... not sure I'll go for the 100 mark as I'm already a platinum member over at Hyperspin, but I'll submit what I can once I get the setup down and learn how to use this program.

• 9 months later...

I figured I'd use this thread as it is already made and directed towards what I'm going to ask, even if it's a little behind. Anyways, I just uploaded all the rom hacks I have that have no known video snaps for them to my folder on the FTP. If anyone feels up to it, I'm sure many people, myself included would really appreciate if some video snaps could be made for them. If not, I'll live, but it would be a great addition to the database in my opinion. 99% of the hacks I uploaded are full blown hacks too, not just some new level designs, and a new sprite or two. There's a few translations in there as well, but I have made double sure that video snaps are not already made for them on emumovies. If need be, I can move this thread over to the requests section, but like I said, it was here and I rolled with it.

Thanks man, I appreciate it a lot. I uploaded a ton of roms, but I have no order of which ones I think should be first. In my opinion, it would be awesome to have video snaps for all of them, but I'd be happy with even just one over none. Like I said too, close to all of the hacks I uploaded are full hacks, not just minor graphic or text changes. Anyways man, good luck and again, I appreciate any work you put towards these. They're needed.

I actually have some of these already done. I will upload what I have to my folder later tonight and continue on with the rest. I'll grab the hacks I need from your folder if I don't already have them.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that my ROM names may not match yours 100% as I've been trying to rename all my hacks to use the "No-Intro" naming convention. So you'll want to rename the video snaps to match the name of your ROMs or just rename your ROMs to match the videos, however you want to do it.

Hell yeah man, that's awesome. I'll check out what you got so far after I get off here. Thanks again for all your work. It's awesome to know that rom hacks are getting some much needed attention as well. Good luck on the rest too. That's fine that I have to rename the video titles also. I just have them named the way I do, due to the fact that the xbox only allows for a 42 character max when naming files, so they're as close to the original title as I could get them. Anyways, rock on brother.

Archived