Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

240p videos for regular members

Imgema

So, i'm new here and i noticed that regular members can only d/l low resolution videos. I'm fine with that and i understand that larger files need bigger/expensive servers to maintain. But is there any reason why these videos have to be downloaded individually only?

Some systems have packs but some others like NES or GBA, that have tons of videos, have the files individually. Why not in packs? The download limit should still apply of course... So i just don't see any reason for having them individually only.

• 2 weeks later...

There are packs already for some systems. They are splitted to 45-50MB each, so you can't go above the download limit anyway, at least not above a few MBs. Also, by downloading videos one by one, with each video weighting 500KB to 2 MB max, it means that you will always hit the 50 files limit way before you reach the 250MB one (the limits are 50 files or 250MB). I d/l 50 video snaps per day, that's about 40-50MB. With packs, one can D/L more videos (so he can complete a system in fewer days) and hit the 250MB daily limit.

Individual videos are still useful however, for those who already have near complete video collections and want to fill gaps.

• 4 weeks later...

LOL. I don't mean to sound like a snip, but for $30, you could log into the servers with an FTP client any time you wanted and download the videos to hearts content. The higher quality versions truly are much nicer. And if you really think about, $30 is a drop in the bucket for what you are really getting in the big picture. I paid for my membership via paypal and I've never had issues. Most people blow $30 easily over the course of a night or two out.

It's soooooooooo much easier just dragging and dropping an entire folder of videos than to download them one at a time.

I end up blowing my money on cars and arcade machines tho
and i am pretty tapped out with racing season starting and needing 2k for a transmission right now 
I thought the lifetime sub was $60 here?

If your a platinum member at HyperSpin they will give you a coupon code that makes lifetime only $45. Otherwise its $30 for one year or $20 for a month.

I have no clue, never seen that issue before.  If your going to upgrade I wouldn't even bother with the download section, hypersync is going to overwrite them all with much higher quality videos.

I see people talking about downloading one video at a time per game, but how does this work in conjunction with gamebrowser II? does it download them automatically for you, or do you still need to manually do it one at a time?

Archived