Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

About subscription...

PiraHC

If I get a monthly subscription it's $5 for renewal... but do I have time limit for that?
Like, if I get a monthly subscription but don't renew right after it ends, can I renew months later or I need to pay another subscription?

In all honesty I'm a little weary about contributing to the site with a membership. After reading the customers reviews of the monthly membership complaining about their subscription being automatically renewed every month and there being no clear way to cancel membership. Now, automatically renewing memberships and charges is nothing new, although it can be considered a sneaky business tactic, people should to be aware that this is common and often not mentioned when signing up for subscriptions. This is not what concerns me, what does is the complaints that there is no clear way of cancelling the subscription. I will not sign up until I am aware of the exact process in cancelling the subscription and if there will be any addition fees charged. Could you please make this information available.

Thanks for letting me know. They might want to make a mention of that when you sign up, if it doesn't already.  It's obvious that alot of hard work has been done here and spending 20 bucks or so to reward it seems fair.  I noticed in the store page that you can just buy the videos for 30 bucks for 240p.  I'll be using these with Hyperspin, the video window displayed is pretty small, anybody have a review of the 240p content? is it worth it, or just a pixelated mess?  I wish they had a couple sample videos so I could actually see what it looks like in my FE and on my tv.  

Also the video collections all seem to be in mp4 format, I'm running HS 1.2 which im pretty sure only supports .flv  I've heard that 1.3 will support mp4 but I don't think it's been released yet.

EDIT: Just read about the video converted that is provided to convert to .flv

HS1.3 is out since last christmas, you wish there were some sample videos, what's wrong with the thousands available at the downloads section? lol You clearly didn't spend much time searching around both here and at the HS site.

Anyway, the quality of 240p is ok, but you'll notice a lot of difference versus the 480p videos, I'd definitely suggest getting those instead, but that's up to you of course.

• 3 weeks later...

And yet about subscription, I paid a month, it already ended, I wasn't charge for a new month (I canceled the next payments) and I still have access to FTP... so I guess I somehow bugged or something, and I may not be the only one, but I'm decent so I'm reporting ;)

Archived