Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

MAME renameSET

Nologic

Actually the multi folder version I had completely forgot about...if I recall...and kind of fuzzy antoPISA actually did the gui on that...and had me just connect the dots. hehe so I spent all of maybe 20min with that one...and didn't have a copy of it on my drive...and didn't even think to check what antoPISA had on the site.

I'll get that fixed....banging around a lot of things right now.

Actually looking at adding auditing...like whats in "Missing Mame Videos" that will move unknown assets to a different folder and create a list(s) of whats missing.

Been fussing right now with handling assets in archives(non roms)...nearly got that banged out.

I also got doing the bezel files on my todo list...ideally things will all be shaping up rather nicely.

Anyways if you got a wish list for this thing...get it in now and maybe I'll get them tackled.

Well, I have my tools to check what's missing so personally I don't have a big time working my way through that, but I could think on some interesting features that could be added:

- Multi-Path support (get it back :));

- Checking unknown assets based on a selected dat file or mame.exe (and would be nice to support Hyperspin xml format as well);

- Moving unknown assets to another folder;

- When checking for unknown assets, check renameSET.ini to see it each of those assets might have been renamed/deleted at some point and show that info the user (on the log file should be fine). It would be up to the user to check it and fix it if needed of course. This would be really useful imo;

I'll see what I can do...working on pulling multi-path support back in right now.

*Update*

Multi-Pathing back in:

http://www.mediafire...37z3xw0ysjix03q

Plus some other minor stuff...INI doesn't have to be in the folder with the script...you can now browse to where it is and use it there.

Stripped out all the logging & Stats for now...to many changes happening to put up with the extra noise.

It should be faster now...but future versions will likely eat away at the gains in this build.

Thats okay...I'm still hacking on stuff...however antoPISA already released that last version...guess he was happy with it.

Anyways here is a new version...GUI has changed...may change again in the future...open to suggestions here.

Now supports archived assets...with the exclusion of Bezel Artwork at present...and probably others where multiple sub assets consitute the named asset...and..or...require ASCII file edits.

Now has a hard dependancy on 7zip being installed or in the folder of the application.

If Torrentzip or Torrent7z is present in the app folder, when dealing with archived assets it will make use of them...other wise it just zips the files backup. Priority is zip < torrentzip < torrent7z...thus torrent7z is top of the food chain.

<<Link Deleted>>

*Update 1*

<<Link Deleted>>

Okay one should never get prompted for 7zip unless one does Audits...and Audits is now in and turned on.

Now to fuss with those Bezels...and see if I can find any other Special folder items that need to be tweaked.

Anyways while this won't currently tell you what you are missing...it'll at least do some house cleaning to move stuff out that shouldn't be there. :)

*Update 2*

http://www.mediafire.com/?h6cnh4yesde2dai

Okay Bezels and other artwork thats in the Artwork folder that utiilizes Lay files are now supported. Granted I only found 5 that needed to be updated...but the support is there now. These files folders should be added to the "Special File Folders" tab.

Okay well all the features you asked for are in it...more or less...I segregate the unknown assets...even put them in folders of what version they had a rename happen...so should be fairly straight forward for the end user to fix up.

That said...I'm pondering invoking auto renaming on those assets to bring them up to date....hmm...hehe sounds good in theory...may not bold so well in practice.

Now I'm a bit puzzled by what would be gained by using a HyperSpin XML...other than writing more code to make it possible.

Anyways I'll put the logging back in now...and call it good for now...unless you can come up with a compelling feature request that I can make happen.

Actually...after having my brain fart...you are talking about applying renameSET to an HyperSpin XML...not using a HyperSpin XML on the assets...right?

If this is the case...I've already had something for this...for like a year or more. :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?7jpqp1mku5i3ghi

It was one of a small collection of scripts to create specialized Mame XML's for HyperSpin.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?15939-Remove-non-playable-games-from-hyperspin-list&p=152082#post152082

Nice work NoLogic, the folder name idea should work well enough. About the HS XML it would just make it easier to remove all assets that don't exist on your current HS db, but there are other ways of doing this so it's no big deal not having it on that tool.

Of course if you only look at the name attribute on the game XML tags (don't think you need anything else) the only difference would be the top node that would be menu instead of datafile so the parsing mechanism should be exactly the same.

Oh and I don't suggest you to do an auto-rename on those assets, because you have no idea from what version they are you might screw it up badly :)

Better give the user an option to enable/disable it (I'd say keep it disabled as default), then it's up to him to take the chance and do it.

Ok, a few questions for you:

- How is the app currently detecting missing assets? Do I need to have MameList.xml on the renameSET folder? This isn't very clear to me.

- So on the Special File Folders list I should only add the bezels folder right?

- If Audit is active and I hit the start button it won't rename anything, but will it show a log of what will be renamed/deleted?

- What's the use for "Mame Create Fake files.exe", seems to be creating some avi files, but I'm puzzled as to what it's currently being used for.

It doesn't detect missing assets....but it moves known assets into a new folder for a second...and anything thats not in that new folder is well unknown. :)

It was just faster using the file system to sort things out than transversing a large Array in AutoIt.

Actually for the audit it uses -listfull to create a list of roms...it then cleans it up and tweaks it for my needs...mainly stripping long names from the file, and inserting the version number on the first line. This file is then left in the MAMErenameSET folder...for future use...till a newer version of Mame comes out...then the old one will be replaced.

I originally used -listxml but it takes about 80x longer than -listful on the system I wrote the script on...so since I didn't need all the extra data contained in -listxml I went with the faster option. :)

Yeah at present what has been distributed by PD in the Mame Artwork folder should be the only thing in the special file folders tab...this should be mainly bezels.

Far as Audit...renames are always attempted...then the audit follows...but maybe that should be split off as something that can be ran independantly. I still have yet to put logging back in.

"Mame Create Fake files.exe" is only for testing the app with...so you could generate some fake files say from 0.132 and run the app against that to see if things break. So it's a junk app. :)

Ok, got it thanks. Still not getting how you are running -listfull if your app has no idea on where mame.exe is?

And I meant to ask how it detects unknown assets not missing, my mistake sorry. So unknown assets are moved into a new sub-folder inside the folder they were found I suppose?

Well it should be prompting you for where the mame executable is...provided there isn't already a "MameQuickList.txt" present for the correct version you are using.

Well in a sub folder to where the original assets are present. I do some operations in the Temp folder of the OS.

You got the source code take a peek...while AutoIt isn't your lang of choice...you should still be able to see whats going on.

Oh I see you have your links updated above, I thought this was only working on your yet to be released current version, is 1.95 the last version?

I see how the unknown assets are organized now, that works well.

Yeah 1.95 is the latest release.

*Update*

Scratch that 1.98 is now the latest

<<Link Removed>>

Audit can now be done "Promptly" hehe independent of running renameSET.

Added an Exit button...and that's about it...I'll toss in the logging now...to make a 2.0 release.

Unless you got other suggestions?

I'm kind of throwing the idea around to add drag & drop support to the listboxes.

*Update 2*

http://www.mediafire.com/?n6e4c6269m58zek

Added drag & drop support.

Drag & Drop support is a good idea, I really can't think of anything else we might need right now, the tool is doing what is supposed to do pretty well.

I'll let you know if anything crosses my mind though.

Okay new version out...adds back in logging...it's always on for now...i'll see about changing that in a future version...till then suffer. :P

Updated the English ReadMe.txt...shouldn't be all that helpful...but better than what it was.

"Mame Create Fake files.exe" was updated...should be much faster now at making bogus files for testing.

Well think thats about it.

http://www.mediafire...l2ia8jg19sj8c90

• 4 weeks later...

Well brolly here is your new toy. :)

[Linky]

Simply add the folders you want to audited...click start and you'll then be prompted for the XML file to check against.

There will be two sub folders created in each folder you added to the GUI, one called _Known and _UnKnown...now you may not see _Known as it should be deleted if everything goes right...if not files & folders may still be in there that need to be moved out...then that folder deleted.

The _Unknown folder contains files or folders not listed in the XML...that you are suppose to do something with. :P

Thanks, that will be pretty useful.

Any chance it could read the folders from a text file at startup? I mainly want to use this when I'm doing the Mame updates so would be nice if I could have all folders already configured and not needing to add them manually every time I run it. Other than that everything seems to be working pretty well, nice work.

Archived