Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

[COMPLETE] Replace videos for PS2 games with issues

Egonic

Hello,

I made this thread a year ago and it was kindly marked as resolved and handled, however, I am still seeing the same problems and looking at the FTP the videos still appear to be the broken versions.

These videos that are broken still exists on the FTP at least for several of the games I searched for.

In addition to my previous thread, these can be added too:

• Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - No video exists
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - No video exists.

Thank you in advance!

Link to my previous thread:

Edited by Egonic
Too many line breaks

On 4/17/2023 at 3:05 AM, Egonic said:

Hello,

I made this thread a year ago and it was kindly marked as resolved and handled, however, I am still seeing the same problems and looking at the FTP the videos still appear to be the broken versions.

These videos that are broken still exists on the FTP at least for several of the games I searched for.

In addition to my previous thread, these can be added too:

• Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets - No video exists
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - No video exists.

Thank you in advance!

Link to my previous thread:

Your timing is pretty spot on, I have 1200 new ps2 videos to upload.  Pushing out a mame update first (almost done) but should be shortly that the updated ps2 set is ready for release.

• Like 1

@Egonic you will find the new videos in /Official/Video Snaps (HQ)/Sony Playstation 2 (Video Snaps)(HQ)(Redump)(USA)(1.5) on the FTP.  I am headed out of town for the weekend but wanted to get this up for you.  The full version 1.5 set with changelog will be posted sometime next week.  Let me know if you still see something broken.

On 4/21/2023 at 9:23 AM, Circo said:

@Egonic you will find the new videos in /Official/Video Snaps (HQ)/Sony Playstation 2 (Video Snaps)(HQ)(Redump)(USA)(1.5) on the FTP.  I am headed out of town for the weekend but wanted to get this up for you.  The full version 1.5 set with changelog will be posted sometime next week.  Let me know if you still see something broken.

Hi Circo,

Thank you so very much for the update!

Unfortunately I use LaunchBox as a frontend and it's still pulling in the old videos, I didn't see any obvious solution to this. I did however manually download a handful of snaps from the FTP server and I have to say the videos are absolutely beautiful, amazing work!!!

I definitely think this is resolved, I will however verify it properly once LaunchBox or myself manage to figure out how to get the latest videos. In the meantime you can definitely close this thread and I will make sure to validate against the 1.5 release and create a new thread if I see any issues.

Thank you again, it's very appreciated!

45 minutes ago, Egonic said:

Hi Circo,

Thank you so very much for the update!

Unfortunately I use LaunchBox as a frontend and it's still pulling in the old videos, I didn't see any obvious solution to this. I did however manually download a handful of snaps from the FTP server and I have to say the videos are absolutely beautiful, amazing work!!!

I definitely think this is resolved, I will however verify it properly once LaunchBox or myself manage to figure out how to get the latest videos. In the meantime you can definitely close this thread and I will make sure to validate against the 1.5 release and create a new thread if I see any issues.

Thank you again, it's very appreciated!

At this moment they are only on the ftp, they aren’t in sync yet as I didn’t have time before I left.  I’ll be flipping that switch on Monday.  But if you want to just grab and replace the bad videos you can do so now or I’ll post a news release when they are fully up on all servers.

3 hours ago, Circo said:

Sync and Launchbox sync have been updated.  

Hi Circo,

Thank you very much for the update.

I see a significant amount of improvement in the quality of these new videos, it looks awesome!

Since it could be helpful for you, here is a list of videos I have identified with problems (not necessarily part of this new update)

Performance/graphical issues

• 007: From Russia With Love
  • Beyond Good & Evil
  • Conflict: Desert Storm
  • Lara Croft Tomb Raider
  • Lego Star Wars II
  • Medal of Honor: Vanguard
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2
  • Scarface: The World Is Yours
  • Spider-Man 2 (video is upside down)
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon

Low quality

• Jack and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

Missing video

• Buzz! Junior: Monster Rumble
  • Buzz! The Mega Quiz
  • Buzz! The Sports Quiz
  • Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
  • SOCOM: U.S Navy SEALs: Combined Assault
  • Terminator 3: The Redemption
  • EyeToy: Operation Spy
  • EyeToy: Play
  • EyeToy: Play 2
  • EyeToy: Play 3

4 hours ago, Egonic said:

Hi Circo,

Thank you very much for the update.

I see a significant amount of improvement in the quality of these new videos, it looks awesome!

Since it could be helpful for you, here is a list of videos I have identified with problems (not necessarily part of this new update)

Performance/graphical issues

• 007: From Russia With Love
  • Beyond Good & Evil
  • Conflict: Desert Storm
  • Lara Croft Tomb Raider
  • Lego Star Wars II
  • Medal of Honor: Vanguard
  • Pro Evolution Soccer 2
  • Scarface: The World Is Yours
  • Spider-Man 2 (video is upside down)
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon

Low quality

• Jack and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

Missing video

• Buzz! Junior: Monster Rumble
  • Buzz! The Mega Quiz
  • Buzz! The Sports Quiz
  • Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events
  • SOCOM: U.S Navy SEALs: Combined Assault
  • Terminator 3: The Redemption
  • EyeToy: Operation Spy
  • EyeToy: Play
  • EyeToy: Play 2
  • EyeToy: Play 3

It is looking like you still have a lot of old videos, this update replaces/adds 2,114 video snaps.  Might be worth it to do a full resync on videos 🙂

3 hours ago, Circo said:

It is looking like you still have a lot of old videos, this update replaces/adds 2,114 video snaps.  Might be worth it to do a full resync on videos 🙂

Hi Circo,

Thank you for the suggestion, I did do a full resync specifically choosing replacing all metadata. Looking at the FTP you are definitely correct that the videos don't match...

I manually deleted all Snaps and this time it seems LaunchBox updated properly, with the exception of a handful of games where LaunchBox have wrong metadata in their DB.

Side note, now I am really impressed. Pretty much all videos updated after this and a significant portion of my games ended up with true high quality Snaps that made a tremendous difference!

Thank you so much again for all your help and time, wonderful job with this 😄

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Egonic said:

Hi Circo,

Thank you for the suggestion, I did do a full resync specifically choosing replacing all metadata. Looking at the FTP you are definitely correct that the videos don't match...

I manually deleted all Snaps and this time it seems LaunchBox updated properly, with the exception of a handful of games where LaunchBox have wrong metadata in their DB.

Side note, now I am really impressed. Pretty much all videos updated after this and a significant portion of my games ended up with true high quality Snaps that made a tremendous difference!

Thank you so much again for all your help and time, wonderful job with this 😄

PCXS2 has come so far since we started recording these.  800 or so to go but need a break from ps2 to get out some other updates.  Thank you so much for the feedback.