Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Gameboy Advance New Recordings

Jochitko

Hi

I just wanted to announce that I'm back working on the GBA videos (I announced this on the HS forums a while back)

There are about 280 games missing videos according to the HS GBA xml list of games. I have made 80 already, I will notify you here once I upload these to the FTP (Both AVI and FLV).

WooHoo you are unstopable!! Do you eat, do you sleep? You are the recording master I bow!

Great job Joch myself and I am sure everyone else appreciates the effort. Hopefully tonigh we have our new FTP to play with dance2.gif

Awesome news. Can't wait to see the results. I was thinking of doing either these or any of the Sega systems. Now I can just decide between the Master System or Genesis (Mega Drive). :drinks:

Awesome news. Can't wait to see the results. I was thinking of doing either these or any of the Sega systems. Now I can just decide between the Master System or Genesis (Mega Drive). :drinks:

Actually, the first system I made videos for was the Genesis :P I didn't upload them because 1) I mixed them with the ones from the FTP so I don't know which ones are mine 2) They were my baby steps 3) I only have the FLV conversions and 4) I didn't have the FTP account at the time.

I don't know if they would be of any value, but if you want you can send me a list of games for the genesis that needs to be done and I'll check if I have made any of those :)

Thanks for the support guys :)

Well, AFAIK, the ones from the FTP are still in SQ, so all of them would need to be redone. If the ones you did are in HiQ, it wouldn't hurt to up them. :drinks:

They look the same quality as the ones on the FTP to me, sorry :/ Well, they were only about 20 of them anyway :)

I'm happy to announce that the GBA videos are now complete :P I have recorded 261 new videos and they are converting as we speak. They do need a final check by me, but the hard part is over. You will certainly find them on the FTP once I get the heads up by Circo. Good night

I'm happy to announce that the GBA videos are now complete :good2: I have recorded 261 new videos and they are converting as we speak. They do need a final check by me, but the hard part is over. You will certainly find them on the FTP once I get the heads up by Circo. Good night

The FTP is open my friend!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Jochitko, can I ask which emulator you used and how you captured?

Also at what resolution you captured at?

What I did is use Visual Boy Advance re-recording (v.22), and captured using the internal "AVI recording". This gave a 240 x 160 raw captured video. I then used Virtual Dub to edit the good parts of the footage and saved to AVI. I have ended up with 240 x 160 avi, but seen that yours are of a much higher res.

Do you use the resize filter to get a higher res image?

I still suggest running your emulator at 640x480 and then cropping them to 4:3, if you start out at native res or very small, you just dont have enough to work with during editing.

I couldn't capture at a higher resolution before (enable direct3d in VBA, doh!!), but now can.

Just captured at 640 x 480 (which gave black borders at top and bottom, then cropped giving a final size of 640 x 428.

Is this alright?

I couldn't capture at a higher resolution before (enable direct3d in VBA, doh!!), but now can.

Just captured at 640 x 480 (which gave black borders at top and bottom, then cropped giving a final size of 640 x 428.

Is this alright?

In virtual dub use the resize filter, crop and then resize to 640x480 again.

Archived