Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Problem converting Sega Genesis Videos to AVI

kcraig1976

Trying to convert the sega genesis video snaps from mp4 to avi but not having much luck. I'm using the emumovies video converter and it only successfully converts around 40% of the videos - the rest end up as 0K files. I've tried this on two different machines (Win732 and Win764) and get the same results. It's always the same files that fail to convert as well. I also tried doing the conversion from the download utility itself and got the same results. I can convert the files using another app I found, but it's a pain to work with and keeps hosing up my file names. I did a small test with an flv conversion and that seems to be fine - so the problem just appears to be with the avi conversion. I've successfully converted several other console sets as well. So far, it's just the genesis set that is giving me problems.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This is killing me.

I'll post a list of the videos that were failing as soon as I get home from work tonight. The issue starts early though, in the videos staring with the letter "A". If I remember right, it started around "Ar", i.e. "Ariel the Little Mermaid". It's always the same videos that fail though. BTW: My previous post was a little misleading when I said that 60% of the videos failed. I didn't mean 60% of the total videos available for the Genesis. My stuff is audited to hyperlist, so I'm only trying to convert the 781 videos needed for the Sega Genesis setup. Out of the 781, around 468 of them failed to convert (thus the 60%). I can't speak for the rest b/c I'm only converting what I actually need for my setup.

I've already dealt with the issue and moved on. I used another app to convert the problem videos. The sizes are a little off, but they look good in Maximus and that's all that matters to me.

• 1 month later...

avi is a container change so no, flv will probably a little. We still host FLV that are encoded direct from masters on our other services but they are about 2x the size of mp4's which is why they are not in the free sections.

Oh in your converter you might want to check the file size settings to see if skipped over the files if it was too small. Any reason for the change of avi to mp4? By the way they sill host the avi torrent at Pleasuredome.org in standard quality. Do you know when or get the time to update the torrent.

You caught me passing through. :)

This post explains the change: http://emumovies.com/forums/index.php/blog/1/entry-1-preparing-to-say-goodbye-to-avi-and-that-is-just-the-tip-of-the-iceberg/

Unfortunately the torrents are woefully out of date, I have no immediate plans to update them. There is just too much new content being worked on and I am now distributing directly through the site. I may do an update once things settle down but thats at least a year out.

Archived