Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

MP4 Videos wont play in Maximus Arcade

GameTech

I just set up a new cabinet.. everything is great... marquees, snaps, roms, etc... I pointed MA to the recent MAME 480 VIDEOS I pulled from FTP/Emumovies... they don't show up when selecting a game. Is there something special with the MP4 now, since I know on my other cabinet, I used the .AVI videos which worked...?

Thanks

Also, I take it the 480 is higher quality then the 240 download?

Ok got the videos working using the older AVI from here. It's fine, the cabinet is running MAME .126

My next question... Maximus shows the Marquee and NIVO screen shot.. then plays the videos great... but I noticed after the video is done, it's not looping again.... Any idea on this? Once the video plays, it ends and that's it.

Strange. I thought they looped....

Thanks

Well you can take the MP4's and remux them to AVI using AVI-Mux GUI This is the only tool that I know of that will properly allow AAC audio into an AVI container. However you'll have to first batch convert to MKV using something like MKVToolsNix...as MP4 isn't currently supported...and unless someone takes over...likely never will be supported.

I've never used Maximus...but yeah that is the typical behavior for most frontends...but you would likely get better support on their forum than you would here. :(

I think I can make it easier, the new version of the download service converts the MP4's to AVI on the fly to address the Maximus arcade incompatability. Quality in 100% the same its just a larger file size. I also have a simple to use offline converter that should hopefully be released in the next few days. Stay away from the older AVI sets as they are quite incomplete and suffer from some quality issues across the board.

i went ahead and downloaded the FLV via the download service.... (which took 24 hours).. wow. All videos to match my roms for Mame .126 done. All video's so far work fine in Maximus now... quality is great, etc.. BUT, I did notice that the video's are larger, then say the built in little monitor bezel Maximus has. This basically means the corners were round on the little bezel, and black.. and when it loads a video, the video is slightly larger then this bezel, so it makes the corners now.... not round...

not a real big deal... but this is something I noticed with the new FLV videos on Maximus arcade.

• 1 year later...

Hi all, fisrt of all sorry for my bad english itsn't my native language. I'm spanish.

For all people who want MP4 support, Maximus arcade already support it.

Just a little trick: rename all mp4 files to avi.    :thumbsup:

Use a batch renaming script and rename extension of files in seconds.

Renaming scripts in attached files. Just place in your flv's folder and double click on it.

If you want to convert your FLV files to MP4:

Container: MP4

Video codec: H264

Audio codec: LC-AAC OR HE-AAC (I recommend HE-AAC)

IMPORTANT: If audio codec is HE-AAC V2  the result is that in maximus arcade will have no sound.

When finished rename all files to .avi

I have my videos working with this trick.

I hope this will useful for you guys.

Regards.

RENAMING AVI-MP4 scripts.rar

• 2 years later...

Archived