Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

BadSeed: An Introduction

BadSeed

Hey everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself quickly. I've been editing the new sets here and helping Circo with a few other housekeeping items. I'm working to re-compile and edit the re-releases so that Circo can focus on making great videos. I've made some videos myself and frankly they sucked compared to what he turns out.

On naming conventions: We've chosen to go with No-Intro first, if available: better sets, cleaner convention. Personally I'd like to see TOSEC die, and by the time we get to re-releasing ISO art sets i.e. Sega CD, Sega Saturn etc., I hope I will have convinced Circo to go with "virtual No-Intro convention." I appreciate the work TOSEC has done and their contributions, but I think it's time to bury 'Old Blue.' Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night, in cold terrifying sweats after dreaming of TOSEC.

If I were to translate my name into TOSEC, it might look something like this: BadSeed (California) (USA) (1970) (Kick-Ass) (Dude) (Male).rom. lol

On a side note, I'm a HUGE GameEx fan, and enjoy making themes for that front-end.

I've known Circo since 1991 (we went to high school together) and he's a great friend. I'm here to support him and this fabulous project- there is nothing like it in both scope and quality.

Word.

Well personally I still think the best distributing naming method would be to use the CRC-32 hash of the rom the video is for.

This allows use of No-Intro Image renamer which would allow end users to use the most recent No-Intro dat's to rename the vid's to the most current name.

Granted the file extensions would need to be changed pre-rename and post-rename...but the end result would be more accurate naming matches.

In addition have dats just for the vid's to rename back to CRC-32 or to rename to GoodMerge.

I agree Tosec uses way to long of file names...and really should just store all that info in a NFO file contained in their archive of the disc.

As for GameEx I guess everyone has to have a flaw.

Guest Ninja Rygar

As for GameEx I guess everyone has to have a flaw.

Please stop doing this.

Anyway BadSeed, I'm looking forward getting more involved with this site as well... I have to make the switch from Good Tools to No Intro, so hopefully I can use EmuMovies to it's fullest potential.

I noticed ALOT of stuff in the FTP is named all screwed up... hopefully we can get it all cleaned up and organized.

Archived