Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Looking for some help or suggestions regarding 360

fantoboy

I just installed MAME360 and FBA360 on my xbox. They both support snaps. I'm encountering several issues.

1. Mame360 screenshots don't look at parent rom snaps. The romset is smaller. I used the download service utility to grab only what I need, but I need the clones as well. Any way to do that?

2. Final Burn 360 supports screenshots, titles, and vids. Is there any way to get these? I selected MAME on the download utility, but that only grabbed a small fraction of what I need. Plus the vids need to be in wmv format. Is there a vid set for fba at all? If so, in wmv? If not, is there a batch convertor that is recommended? I don't see any of what I need on the ftp.

thanks!

For Mame & FBA snaps maybe checkout what AntoPISA has available.

For converting to video streams into WMV format & audio streams to WMA format in a ASF container....from what I've heard MediaCoder is really good even though I have not tried it myself. Others have suggested Format Factory...so you may want to try that as well. Super use to be highly recommended...but I think the GUI turns most folks off. There is always Microsofts app Windows Media Encoder....anyways best of luck sorry I can't be of more help...but Microsofts stuff isnt' my area of expertise...well actually none of this is.

If the emulator for mame is a very old one our download utility may not be the best option. MAME is the only system where the auto renamer is turned off. This is due to the fact that all major front ends will use the parent artwork for clones and if the renamer was in use you would probably end up with 100gb video set. your going to have to find artwork that is named for the version of mame that it uses. XBOX 360 emulation is extremely niche since you have to have a jtag unit which is extremely rare. I personally have no experience with this platform.

Final burn is mainly for running many of the games faster than mame on slower machines, however it should be able to use all the atwork and videos from the mame set.

FBA uses Mame roms for all arcade games...it might be the FBA you are using is built against an older Mame build...which then you would likely need to use the renameSet DAT with the accompanying application to rename assets going backward in version time.

Now also in somewhat recent builds of FBA (last two years)...FBA has started also emulating the Sega Genesis...which is uses it's own naming for.

Archived