Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

NoLogic's Loaders

headkaze

I understand that admin are giving NoLogic another chance. And I support that decision. But I would like people to know that NoLogic's loaders do contain malware and should be avoided. He has code in them that makes them fail if you are running GameEx. This is something I think the community should know since he will be a regular here now. So be careful, do not use his loaders if you are a GameEx user. I cannot say there is other malicious code in his loaders, so be forewarned. I consider his loaders as malware. I suggest you be careful.

I understand that admin are giving NoLogic another chance. And I support that decision. But I would like people to know that NoLogic's loaders do contain malware and should be avoided. He has code in them that makes them fail if you are running GameEx. This is something I think the community should know since he will be a regular here now. So be careful, do not use his loaders if you are a GameEx user. I cannot say there is other malicious code in his loaders, so be forewarned. I consider his loaders as malware. I suggest you be careful.

Ben, I have decompiled NoLogics wrappers, there is no code that is destructive to any system affecting its filesystem or integrity. Yes, some loaders do not work with certian frontends becuse they fail to run if thier process exists. Much like a game not running if they see deamon tools.

This is not the definition of malware, what you are doing is provoking members and using scare tactics. You do note that you are basing your opinion on the fact that it wont run in gameex and can not prove that there is other code. So why the public accusation? I believe when NoLogic did post his loader he mentioned that it wont work with Gameex.

It is my opinion that his loaders be stripped of the process watch, but all loaders watch processes. Its how they know to continue or exit.

I thought you were going to play nice?

BH

I think you are wrong because he codes in AutoIt which is not easily decompiled. ie. Impossible. So either your lying or just just covering up NoLogic's idea of malware. And yes it is malware Brian however you like to make out it's not.

If NoLogic will accept to include his "source code" with his loaders then I have no problem.

Brian you really could have picked a simpler one to decompile.

Tell you what HK I'll post my sources right after you post all yours. :)

Bah, it was the first one I could find, I remembered it bombed if using gameex. Actually I like viewing your source as it give me ideas.

Brian -

Well its good that it inspires you, that is why the original series was open.

HK -

The malware bit is slander, but other wise if you want to advocate GX users avoiding my loaders, hey more power to you. :)

Brian you really could have picked a simpler one to decompile.

Tell you what HK I'll post my sources right after you post all yours. :)

I don't put malicious code in anything I write. You do and it is malware. That's not slander I'm just warning the people about you and what you're capable of. ie. Don't trust anything written by you. I think it's a fair warning. If you don't post your source then I wouldn't execute something by you. Not that anything you write is very hard to do in five minutes anyway. Most people I know write scripts these days. People like Tempest are very good now and I would trust anything written by him.

Speakng of which most of my code can be accessed by reputable people. But I have been seriously thinking of releasing all of my source code. The problem is finding good people to maintain it.

Archived