Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mccorkled

MAME Database

Recommended Posts

Does anyone have a MAME database that doesn't include all the BS? I have one from HS that contains 3049 games that claimed to have removed all the garbage but as I scroll through I still see Chinese, Japanese, bootlegs, etc. I don't need 35,000 roms including clones and clones of clones that were cloned once by a clone.

Does anyone have a CLEAN upto date-ish MAME database that just has arcade games? I would like to get MAME setup finally but sorting an enormous xml and romset has me thinking I made a mistake again.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you grab mine by chance? I've provided MAME 0.205 XML files with multiple different filters for you to use, including filters on Mahjong, quiz games, etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2019 at 5:26 PM, phulshof said:

Did you grab mine by chance? I've provided MAME 0.205 XML files with multiple different filters for you to use, including filters on Mahjong, quiz games, etc.

Can you send me a link? The problem I seem to be having is that even with mahjong, quiz, and adult type games out there is always a few lingerers like pinball and fruit machine, etc.

Ideally I would like a separate mame setup for fruit machine and gambling games so all of my drunk friends can lose money at my bar mwhahaha. I have to pay for these beers somehow amirite?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mccorkled said:

Can you send me a link? The problem I seem to be having is that even with mahjong, quiz, and adult type games out there is always a few lingerers like pinball and fruit machine, etc.

Ideally I would like a separate mame setup for fruit machine and gambling games so all of my drunk friends can lose money at my bar mwhahaha. I have to pay for these beers somehow amirite?

He posts them on his website http://retrofe.nl/download/

Here is the file.

MAME 0.205 XML.zip

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the

Quote

mame_no_casino_clones_mahjong_mature_quiz_electro_utilities_playchoice.xml

the one with the most of the debris out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mccorkled said:

Is the

the one with the most of the debris out?

I would assume so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, assuming you don't like the mature games to be in there. 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mature game such as? From my experience they are always lame card games. What tool do you use to sort roms? I typically use Don's but when I try to with my 35,000 roms it crashes every time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2019 at 11:27 PM, mccorkled said:

Mature game such as? From my experience they are always lame card games. What tool do you use to sort roms? I typically use Don's but when I try to with my 35,000 roms it crashes every time.

Gal Panic springs to mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, phulshof said:

Gal Panic springs to mind.

There are no lack of boobies in mame if you know where to look lol

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cool, thanks guys. I got the non-merged set from PD but it is missing these and I cannot find the non-merged roms anywhere.

1.png

Also, is there a place to get all the real bezels and marquees for the databases you make? I can't seem to find any. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For MAME? There's a bezel pack on the FTP in my RetroFE Media Pack directory, under emulators/MAME/artwork.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2019 at 4:03 PM, phulshof said:

For MAME? There's a bezel pack on the FTP in my RetroFE Media Pack directory, under emulators/MAME/artwork.

 

I am trying to setup my MAME system with Capcom Classics, Atari Classics, etc... Do you have the wheels for those too? The HS ones are a mess.

I also noticed that your MAME xml has a lot of Euro instead of USA, Set 1 instead of 2, 3, or 4, etc. Is this normal? Forgive my ignorance but I am new to MAME and would just like an easy setup and to play. Unfortunatly I feel like this is not possible since I have been setting up HS console systems for nearly 8 years now.

Thanks/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mccorkled said:

 

I am trying to setup my MAME system with Capcom Classics, Atari Classics, etc... Do you have the wheels for those too? The HS ones are a mess.

I also noticed that your MAME xml has a lot of Euro instead of USA, Set 1 instead of 2, 3, or 4, etc. Is this normal? Forgive my ignorance but I am new to MAME and would just like an easy setup and to play. Unfortunatly I feel like this is not possible since I have been setting up HS console systems for nearly 8 years now.

Thanks/

I don't have separate XML files for those I'm afraid. I use RetroFE, and RetroFE doesn't need them to set up such collections.

Most of the parent roms are from the Euro region, and the same goes for set 1. If you want the others as well, you need to grab one of the XML files that doesn't filter the clones out. I honestly can't help you with HyperSpin; it's just not my front-end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, phulshof said:

I don't have separate XML files for those I'm afraid. I use RetroFE, and RetroFE doesn't need them to set up such collections.

Most of the parent roms are from the Euro region, and the same goes for set 1. If you want the others as well, you need to grab one of the XML files that doesn't filter the clones out. I honestly can't help you with HyperSpin; it's just not my front-end.

No problem at all. I appreciate any info. Do you know why my games would be displaying off center in the bezels? What's the difference between a bezel and a background? I download some pack (maybe the one you said was on the ftp) and it has both and I have no idea why.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2019 at 9:29 PM, mccorkled said:

No problem at all. I appreciate any info. Do you know why my games would be displaying off center in the bezels? What's the difference between a bezel and a background? I download some pack (maybe the one you said was on the ftp) and it has both and I have no idea why.

In general, backgrounds are what's displayed behind the game while bezels are displayed in front of the game (like the plastic bezels that used to surround the monitors). I'm not sure why it would show off-center; I'd have to see the actual bezel you used. Does it use a .ini or a .lay file?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't have either of those files but RocketLauncher says it makes one upon first launch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2019 at 7:00 PM, mccorkled said:

It doesn't have either of those files but RocketLauncher says it makes one upon first launch.

That's probably the problem then. I'm not familiar with how RL handles bezels though, so I won't be much help on that. Try a new thread to get some answers there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That's probably the problem then. I'm not familiar with how RL handles bezels though, so I won't be much help on that. Try a new thread to get some answers there?


Finally got back to working on these. Do you have the lay files for all of your artwork? I’m really trying to get my make setup done without it taking nearly 10 years like my console setup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mccorkled said:

Finally got back to working on these. Do you have the lay files for all of your artwork? I’m really trying to get my make setup done without it taking nearly 10 years like my console setup.

 

Not as separate files, but they're in the zip files of course. You could extract them from there, and then convert them to RL format if you prefer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Convert them how? What file type does RL use? I honestly don't care how it works as long as it works, but it's been a real struggle so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the simple solution to grab my pack, and use MAME to display them or grab one of the RL packs from the upload directory, and let RL display them. I've never used RL, so I honestly don't know what they're format looks like.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...