Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Game Console Boxes

EriolGaurhoth

Hey all,

I had an idea for a good front-end theme using retail box images of the consoles themselves as the images to select which system to play.  I'm thinking something along the lines of the 3D boxes of the games that have been so wonderfully created here for many systems using original box scans, only this would require high quality scans/images of the retail boxes of various game consoles, a commodity that is hard to come by these days. 

So....

1) Has anyone else on here had the same/similar idea and are already working on such a project?

2) If not, does anyone have a collection of near-pristine boxes from their old consoles that they'd be willing to take some pictures of that can be used to create 3D console boxes?  There'd need to be pictures of the box from multiple angles, and measurements of the exact dimensions would also be helpful, to create the proper scale.

You mean like this https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/43107-styphelus-platform-boxes/  

Yes, I had a whole pack done (60+boxes) and posted them in the launchbox forums. They were all done from scratch at 1920x1080 resolution and took me months to do. There are no pristine images of console boxes that I could find. They all had to be replicated, down to the same fonts.

I took them down from the Lunchbox forum because a known video maker started taking my work and claiming it as his own. Instead of protecting the work of art creators, the mods gave me a warning for complaining and told me all I do is move logos around and can't claim ownership of the work. I even overlayed my work with the other guys work and the 2 aligned perfectly but they didn't care. They showed no respect for the months of work I put in.

Too bad because I actually like their software and wanted to contribute to the community there. Never had any issues like that while at the Hyperspin forums. Everyone there was respectful of other people's work.

I'm currently adding gameplay videos to the whole pack. Might take a while to finish them off.

I can post what I have here at Emumovies if Circo is interested.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Styphelus said:

You mean like this https://forums.launchbox-app.com/topic/43107-styphelus-platform-boxes/  

Yes, I had a whole pack done (60+boxes) and posted them in the launchbox forums. They were all done from scratch at 1920x1080 resolution and took me months to do. There are no pristine images of console boxes that I could find. They all had to be replicated, down to the same fonts.

I took them down from the Lunchbox forum because a known video maker started taking my work and claiming it as his own. Instead of protecting the work of art creators, the mods gave me a warning for complaining and told me all I do is move logos around and can't claim ownership of the work. I even overlayed my work with the other guys work and the 2 aligned perfectly but they didn't care. They showed no respect for the months of work I put in.

Too bad because I actually like their software and wanted to contribute to the community there. Never had any issues like that while at the Hyperspin forums. Everyone there was respectful of other people's work.

I'm currently adding gameplay videos to the whole pack. Might take a while to finish them off.

Always interested Styphelus

2 hours ago, Styphelus said:

YES!  These look amazing, absolutely fantastic work!  I'd love to see these come to EmuMovies, and I'll be following to see what other great projects you have ?

2 hours ago, EriolGaurhoth said:

Thanks a lot, these look amazing!

You're welcome. I'll be posting new ones from now in the forum section linked below. I added a new one for the MSX. I'll post them as I add new systems to my setup.  Note that the quality depends on the availability of what i can find. Hard to believe that you can't find any decent photos or scans of the boxes anywhere. I'm playing with the idea of adding video clips to them but that would mean making changes to the original look of the boxes. We'll see...

There;

• Like 1