Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Are MAME videos up to date?

oomek

Before I upgrade to premium account I need to know if your videos database is up to date with the recent mame release. What is the total count of movies for MAME on your ftp server?

There's just over 4750 files, last updated in 2016. I believe a later updated was done, but I haven't been able to find it. Which front-end do you intend to use them on?

There's almost 5000 in my own set in the RetroFE directory (updated a few days ago based on MAME 0.193), but not all of those will work properly on e.g. HyperSpin. They work just fine on RetroFE though.

I think the Progetto set is not too bad. My set has every clone with the same name as the parent filtered out though, so it's hard to compare numbers. I figure I don't need to use any more storage than strictly necessary. :)

Personally I wouldn't join just for the MAME set; the Progetto set is good enough. Once you add in all the other systems though, membership here is really worth it I think.

Progetto set of videos is missing keyframes so I’m unable to use dxva2 acceleration. The screen is black when dxva2 is enabled. Another thing is that many EM videos are recorded in 60fps. Proggetto’s are capped at 30

3 minutes ago, oomek said:

Progetto set of videos is missing keyframes so I’m unable to use dxva2 acceleration. The screen is black when dxva2 is enabled. Another thing is that many EM videos are recorded in 60fps. Proggetto’s are capped at 30

Well, I guess there's your answer then. :) You could check with Progetto to see if they can fix their videos too (they can rebuild the whole set quite quickly from the input source files). I've combined the EmuMovies set with what they offer for my own setup; then filtered them down to the files I actually need.

• 6 months later...

Thinking about this, I don't think I'll ever worry about being "complete", since I will never play ALL supported games...

As long as what I care about is there, all's good....

Archived