Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

IPAC4 / MAME Controls questions

JsutPaul

Hi All,
Newbie here with some issues: I just finished wiring up my 4 player control panel using an IPAC4.  
Player 1 = 7 buttons
Player 2 = 7 buttons
Player 3 = 4 buttons
Player 4 = 4 buttons
three extra buttons ESC, TAB, ENTER
1 trackball and 2 associated buttons (Left & Right mouse buttons).  
I have installed/setup hyperspin and rocket launcher.  I have only added 3 emulators (MAME, NEOGEO & DAPHNIE). After watching multiple simply austin vids I believe i have installed all programs correctly, and since i am able to play all roms without any kinks.  However, i have just encountered something that really took the wind from my sails.  My friend and I were playing SF2; i got my butt kicked the first round.  I realized that my P2 buttons 3-6 were not working.  I escaped out of hyperspin and checked my IPAC4 keyboard checker and they checked out.  So, i go into my MAME emulator located in my hyperspin folder and boot up MAME (Not through Hyperspin) and checked the Global controls, i found buttons 3-7 were not mapped under player 2.  Therefore, i mapped these buttons through the use of my control panel.  Now, thinking i have corrected the problem, boot up hyperspin, go into MAME and re-start SF2.  The controls work after the mapping, however a new problem arises.  During battle my buttons suddenly are remapped:

P2 Button 3 becomes ESC

P2 Button 2 becomes P1 down

P2 Button 4 becomes P1 up

So, i shut down hyperspin and restart hyperspin and again go into SF2.  Same button re-mapping result, however for a new kicker, after i exit out of hyperspin the MAME emulator is still running in a window not tied to hyperspin!!  I have no clue what is going on.

I really appreciate if someone can shed some light onto what is going on with my setup.  I know there are multiple issues here so any help would be greatly appreciated.  I really am excited about this arcade panel and this is really a set back for me.

Thanks in advance

• 7 months later...

It doesn't sound like a IPAC4 problem if the keys are still mapping correctly.  Do you have any other keyboard plugged in?  It can get confused if you do.  I think you needed to restart the whole PC when this happened.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived