Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Help identifying a game

Keyframe

Hi,

I just found this amazing site! I've been trying to remember/find a game I played as a kid in the arcades (I think these kind of questions are posted a lot, so I apologize).

Basically I can't remember anything much more than that you were a cop in a game and game was isometric-ish, first level was on the street shooting bad guys around (in the buildings and stuff).

I know, it isn't much to identify it by. But I think I'd remember it if I saw a screengrab or a video. Anyways, it was around the time when TOAPLAN games were all the rage (including my favorite game Rally Bike!), and cabinet I played it on was a generic one without any markings on it whatsoever.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi,

I just found this amazing site! I've been trying to remember/find a game I played as a kid in the arcades (I think these kind of questions are posted a lot, so I apologize).

Basically I can't remember anything much more than that you were a cop in a game and game was isometric-ish, first level was on the street shooting bad guys around (in the buildings and stuff).

I know, it isn't much to identify it by. But I think I'd remember it if I saw a screengrab or a video. Anyways, it was around the time when TOAPLAN games were all the rage (including my favorite game Rally Bike!), and cabinet I played it on was a generic one without any markings on it whatsoever.

Thanks!

Try looking at this search on gamesdbase i sorted 1988 arcade shooter, although you may have to try 87-89 let me know if you see it.

Try looking at this search on gamesdbase i sorted 1988 arcade shooter, although you may have to try 87-89 let me know if you see it.

Thanks Circo! I've searched through 1980+ through that site and klov, but with no luck. It must be a pretty obscure game or my memory is fading.

Thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Thanks!

the only ones i can think of after recently downloading and setting up my mame cabinet:

Blasted : http://www.gamesdbase.com/gamedetail-arcade.blasted.1988.bally_midway.shooter.bally_midway.aspx

Dead Angle : http://www.gamesdbase.com/game.aspx?mame=deadang

Empire City 1931 : http://www.gamesdbase.com/gamedetail-arcade.empire_city__-58-___1931.1986.seibu_kaihatsu.shooter.seibu_kaihatsu.aspx

Thanks, but none of these is it. Game I'm trying to find is isometric (think of moonwalker), not first person.

Archived