Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

@ California Extreme 2010

Circo

caextreme_2001_collage.jpg

Hey everyone, just thought i should check in on my first day at California Extreme in Santa Clara, California. This is my 4th year in a row coming to this show and each year seems to get better and better. I got off to a late start heading to the show and didn't arrive until late afternoon and the show was well under way. This show used to be held in San Jose but is now being hosted in Santa Clara at the Convention Center, which is also connected to the hotel and is very convenient. Being able to go in and knock out a game of Star Wars (the original vector classic) and some Medieval Madness pinball and then relaxing by the pool with some friends from both EmuMovies and Hyperspin over a few beers has so far led to a fun trip. Tomorrow will be picture day and I will get a ton posted for those of you who could not attend the show. Hopefully I can get some decent video shot and get that posted too. The arcade is open until 2 am and the selection is just incredible.

Here is a partial list of the games at this years show

Everything is set at free play and some of the machines are even for sale. (Sidenote - There used to be an arcade auction at these shows and while the machines were often very tired, I for one miss that part) Well it's time for me to head down 10 floors back to the arcade. There is some 4 player warlords calling my name. But I will be back soon with a recap and some words on a few rare games and some you may have forgotten.

Archived