Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

New guy in San Antonio TX

dk73

Hey all, my name is marc and ive been collecting arcades for about 4 years slowly. i have 13 games so far. I recently found out about hyperspin FE and its the only front end that caught my eye and made me want a mame cabinet. That and my wife is starting to get annoyed with the amount of games i have in our 2 bedroom apartment. So ive got a 2005 Golden Tee with a bad board i picked it up for 50 bucks from a local operater. The monitor is good and so is the power supply so this will become my mame with hyperspin on the front. I let you know how it goes with lots of pictures. I'm actually getting frustrated with trying to configure everything so i might just be buying a hard drive with everything already configured. im more of a sodering wires kinda guy not a programming guy so if anybody knows where to get one let me know. thanks for reading.

post-4941-127912968024_thumb.jpg

Hey all, my name is marc and ive been collecting arcades for about 4 years slowly. i have 13 games so far. I recently found out about hyperspin FE and its the only front end that caught my eye and made me want a mame cabinet. That and my wife is starting to get annoyed with the amount of games i have in our 2 bedroom apartment. So ive got a 2005 Golden Tee with a bad board i picked it up for 50 bucks from a local operater. The monitor is good and so is the power supply so this will become my mame with hyperspin on the front. I let you know how it goes with lots of pictures. I'm actually getting frustrated with trying to configure everything so i might just be buying a hard drive with everything already configured. im more of a sodering wires kinda guy not a programming guy so if anybody knows where to get one let me know. thanks for reading.

Hey Marc,

I am from the SA area too and just recently picked up a cabinet (ultimate mortal kombat 3). I also just completed the conversion installing the pc, getting everything configured and the control panel wired so if you need any help I would be glad to answer questions! By the way, getting things configured isnt really very hard but I would be willing to email you a copy of my hyperspin install with the emulators already configured and mapped out. Obviously I cant really give you roms but at least you would be able to obtain you own, populate the folders and off you go so let me know if you need it. :dash2:

-Gary

Liking the game room pic!

Archived