Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Converting avi to flv for Hyperspin

karc

I tried to find videos for the N64 games for Hyperspin but could only find avi versions and not flv. I figured I could convert these fine but when I run them in Hyperspin only the sound plays, no video! Are there special settings I need to use for Hyperspin to play these? I tried converting it with a free avi to flv converter on XP and also tried using ffmpegX on Leopard but neither worked.

Have you tried AviDemux?

http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/

You should be able to produce a workable conversion by using:

Video: FLV1 (lavc)

Audio: Copy

Format: FLV

I haven't looked into running batch processing with AviDemux but I do know it supports it.

This may have identified the problem. I don't have FLV1 as an option in the AviDemux menu. I tried searching for a codec and ended up installing ffdshow which didn't seem to make any difference. Is there something I'm missing that needs to be installed?

Ahh I see they changed things in the latest version.

Video: Sorenson Spark

Now some of the WIP files have WAV for audio...so in those cases you'll have to set Audio to MP3 (lame)...other wise just use Copy for faster prepossessing & better over all audio quality.

Now if you have a fairly recent system you may want to look into creating F4V files instead of FLV as you'll end up with smaller files...but takes longer to encode...and more grunt to play as well.

For F4V

Video: MPEG-4 AVC

Audio: AAC (Faac)

Format: MP4

Then afterwords change the file extension from MP4 to F4V

Ahh I see they changed things in the latest version.

Video: Sorenson Spark

Now some of the WIP files have WAV for audio...so in those cases you'll have to set Audio to MP3 (lame)...other wise just use Copy for faster prepossessing & better over all audio quality.

Now if you have a fairly recent system you may want to look into creating F4V files instead of FLV as you'll end up with smaller files...but takes longer to encode...and more grunt to play as well.

For F4V

Video: MPEG-4 AVC

Audio: AAC (Faac)

Format: MP4

Then afterwords change the file extension from MP4 to F4V

Thanks that worked! I just had to leave the extension as .flv for Hyperspin to find the file but it still plays.

Ok... Now this didn't really work for me, but maybey I am an idiot... I am not ruling that out : )

From what I can see, there is no batch anything... and you seem to have to rename the output file for every file one at a time... since i have a complete romset for N64, that means like 10 years of work, and I dont care that much about N64, I just want to have a complete emu setup for those friends I have that do like the N64.

So my questions are:

1: Is there a better AVI to FLV converter that is simple to use and will automatically just use the same filename but change the output file to .flv

2: If someone has already done this with the .AVI files on this site, why wouldn't they upload them for others to use? I know I certainly will make them available once I am done fighting with these converters, and make a set that works. (If I am given permission to upload)

3: Why in gods name does hyperspin not allow .avi usage (I know.. not Emumovies issue, but just a general question maybey someone here knows the answer to : )

Thanks!

///MindsEye

Ok... Now this didn't really work for me, but maybey I am an idiot... I am not ruling that out : )

From what I can see, there is no batch anything... and you seem to have to rename the output file for every file one at a time... since i have a complete romset for N64, that means like 10 years of work, and I dont care that much about N64, I just want to have a complete emu setup for those friends I have that do like the N64.

So my questions are:

1: Is there a better AVI to FLV converter that is simple to use and will automatically just use the same filename but change the output file to .flv

2: If someone has already done this with the .AVI files on this site, why wouldn't they upload them for others to use? I know I certainly will make them available once I am done fighting with these converters, and make a set that works. (If I am given permission to upload)

3: Why in gods name does hyperspin not allow .avi usage (I know.. not Emumovies issue, but just a general question maybey someone here knows the answer to : )

Thanks!

///MindsEye

A little digging and I came up with this gem:

Any Video Converter - (Free) Download here.

Easy peasy lemon squeasy. Fire up the program, click the "Add Video" button... select all files... Change the profile to .FLV... Choose output folder and click convert.

Done.

Files work perfect in Hyperspin. Ridiculously easy.

I will see about uploading the complete set to the FTP if our host would so wish it.

///MindsEye

2. The FLV's are already on the FTP.

3. For technical reasons. You have more control over a flash video than an AVI (that might be coded with a gazillion different codecs), it's usually easier to rotate, have images over the videos etc in flash.

2. The FLV's are already on the FTP.

3. For technical reasons. You have more control over a flash video than an AVI (that might be coded with a gazillion different codecs), it's usually easier to rotate, have images over the videos etc in flash.

Where are the FLV's on the FTP.... I have looked thru the server 3 times now... Thanks for the FLV tech answer.. makes perfect sense.

I must be blind.

///MindsEye

I searched the EmuMovies FTP Listing 20100516.pdf and it seems like only about 85 that was missing missing is available in flv-format. So I probably converted the avi's to flv by myself. These set could/should be remade though, some videos is are pretty bad shape... stuttering audio etc. and some hardly shows normal gameplay.

I have taken the ones that were available on the FTP and converted them to HQ .FLV, If you like I can upload those. As for the missing ones... I will try and look into how you make them and complete the set, soon as I get my N64 Hyperspin working properly. For the moment, that is my priority. But If I can see how you are making them I will take some time after and do the gruntwork, I have a very powerful machine, so it should go pretty quickly once i get to it.

///MindsEye

I meant that the avi on the FTP isn't of greatest quality... so the converted FLV's can't be better...

A powerful machine is the least important thing, TIME is :) What takes time is to play, edit, etc. Everything that can't be automated.

I meant that the avi on the FTP isn't of greatest quality... so the converted FLV's can't be better...

A powerful machine is the least important thing, TIME is :) What takes time is to play, edit, etc. Everything that can't be automated.

Ok well I am uploading the FLVs to the FTP now to the Unsorted folder... Keep em or delete them as you all see fit. Something is better than nothing for now...

I will make a set eventually, I will first fill out whats missing, then start replacing crap ones and up them as "update packs" to the existing set.

///MindsEye

• 1 year later...

Me I use Format Factory, you can change Avi to Flv and to Jpeg to Png.

Moi j'utilise format factory, je peux changer des fichiers avi en Flv, mais aussi des fichiers images format jpeg en png. :thumbsup:

Archived