Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Update or not update the Windows to version 10?

BarMac

I hear it is, with many work arounds... but to be honest its not polished enough for me to upgrade to yet. Like I always say, if it aint broke, dont fix it!

Now if however I was missing out on something, I would upgrade.  I know that I will be its just a matter of time.  Problem is that the features that I want from Windows 10 just aint being used yet.  Only a few games can utilize it as intended and all of those are crap.

In terms of emulations, you can get everything to work, but you will have to do more digging to get it working the way you want it to.  

So yes, I will be upgrading.... just not yet :D

• 1 year later...

I have a setup on my Windows 10 laptop, with HS, Rocketlauncher, and all the other goodies (Thanks to Simply Austin's tutorials ;) ).

Have never had a problem with anything except with Vsync issues, screen tearing and such, but that is not Windows 10 related.

I also use my XBOX ONE controller to play all the games for all my emulators and have been able to use the XBOX button to record gameplay, take screenshots etc.

I have never tried but i think it is possible to also stream games with the xbox app on windows 10 pC.

And yeah also the Win 10 creators update is out, so i'm getting more features there.....

• 3 weeks later...

I'd avoid Windows 10 if I were you, at least for now. The forced restarts and such are quite annoying (it's happened to me twice on two machines whilst I was in the middle of something).

Unless you've got good reason, just stick with what you're on now.

• 4 months later...
On 9/23/2017 at 3:25 AM, Enverex said:

N3m3s1s: Stop necroposting and stop double/triple posting, it's bad etiquette. If you think of something worth adding shortly after you post, edit the original post.

I was trying to merge them but accidentally deleted them (oops) but nothing worthwhile was lost.  

Archived