Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Software Needed to make GameCube Snaps

Dabil

I have downloaded the GameCube game videos, many of which were made on a machine that couldn't emulate the GameCube at full speed. So these game videos are not of acceptable quality to me. Over the last week I have built a new gaming pc (I7-4790K, 16 Gig RAM, GTX 970) which can run any of the GameCube games at full speed, and since Dolphin has evolved greatly since most of the game videos were made, there are also far less graphical and sound defects today.

So I would like to make new game videos of better quality to replace the lower quality ones that are currently on here. Before I start however, experience has taught me that I should ask about any guidelines, or standards that may exist. I have looked around the forums here, but couldn't find any information. I am a bit of an idiot when it comes to using forum software, so I apologize if I just missed it.

I would also like to know what software is best to use. I imagine that it is best to just use Dolphin to record the videos? And then another program to edit the raw video into a short game video. Also I was wondering what codec I should use and what other settings. Any pointers that may be helpful would also be appreciated.

I can also just provide raw video to someone else who may want to make the game video if that is preferred. I really feel like the current game video set doesn't do the GameCube and Dolphin emulator justice. Let's change that.

If your current set was recorded on a pc as fast as mine, then yes, the emulation has improved tremendously! And as well most of the graphical defects have also been fixed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I did my best to follow the guide and I uploaded a new game video for the Nintendo GameCube for Need For Speed Underground to the ftp. I left it native resolution, but I did crop it. Feel free to be critical. As this is my first one I wouldn't expect to get it perfect first try.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Good call, I helped Circo when he did the set originally and my system was a 4770k with a GTX670 at the time. It was the state of dolphin that was giving us trouble but it's come along in leaps and bounds.

You will have SHADOW play in your GeForce Experience, use that to capture you footage.  It has no FPS drops and will not effect your games.  I use Sony Vegas to edit etc or Adobe premiere.

If you record them and send them somewhere I dont mind editing some for you mate as it does help the scene :D

• Like 1

I did my best to follow the guide and I uploaded a new game video for the Nintendo GameCube for Need For Speed Underground to the ftp. I left it native resolution, but I did crop it. Feel free to be critical. As this is my first one I wouldn't expect to get it perfect first try. Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Ok I reviewed them, the avi would be the submission type with naming

Need for Speed - Underground (USA) g.avi

Need for Speed - Underground (USA) t.avi

However the bitrate needs to be cranked up as im seeing artifacts. im going to load it up and see the new GC for myself but if your wanting to help I loved doing this set. Working on mame updates at the moment but would love to throw in on GC.

Looking at your submission guidelines I don't see a bit rate listed. I thought I matched the bit rate to what I saw in the other videos. I still have the raw capture. I can upload that of you prefer. It's quite large though.

Dolphin has improved a lot in recent months. In August a long term HLE Audio project was completed. The audio is near perfect now.

Anyway as I get time I will keep doing these. I am currently making a list of what videos need redone. I have about 70 on the list.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

In the guide it has x.264 lossless and xvid level 1 i believe but those are virtuadub settings. I really need to update it. Whatever you are using I would just up it. I downloaded the new dolphin and recorded a few, the difference is pretty amazing. Definately needs a new set.

Im doing 2x internal full screen at 1024x768, 8x msaa, and 16xAF, Recording with bandicam as shadowplay was being finicky with dolphin.

Also the FTP basically has no storage limit, so the bigger the better ;)

Bandicam Settings

post-1-0-24037300-1447483708_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

no mate, its done from within nVidia Expererience.  But you need a 600 series + GPU to use it.  Just set up to record manually, assign what buttons you want to use and where you want the recordings saved to.  

For me, not really...

desktop capture doesn't work on notebooks...

Yes, my notebook is an i7 with Geforce gtx 760m, and works perfectly for nVidia supporting games