Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | EmuMovies FTP ×

New starter question

I've only recently started a desktop PC setup and getting the hang of all things roms, emulators, LaunchBox and Emumovies. 

A question i have is the media content that is synced from LaunchBox wizzard when rom's are imported. It downloads amazing images, music, videos, manuals and etc from both LaunchBox and EmuMovies. I've also done the same via the Emu Movies FTP transfer and that works great too. 

However, i do see various contributors uploading to EmuMovies with what looks like different box arts and etc. Do these files ultimatley find there way into the comprehensive dataset that is downloaded into an appropriate folder through the syncing  approach? or do you have to download those packages seperatley and save where appropriate? if the later is applicable, where would you save them? 

Thanks for anyone that wants to take the time to explain. 

On 5/21/2024 at 8:03 PM, Jazzy80 said:

I've only recently started a desktop PC setup and getting the hang of all things roms, emulators, LaunchBox and Emumovies. 

A question i have is the media content that is synced from LaunchBox wizzard when rom's are imported. It downloads amazing images, music, videos, manuals and etc from both LaunchBox and EmuMovies. I've also done the same via the Emu Movies FTP transfer and that works great too. 

However, i do see various contributors uploading to EmuMovies with what looks like different box arts and etc. Do these files ultimatley find there way into the comprehensive dataset that is downloaded into an appropriate folder through the syncing  approach? or do you have to download those packages seperatley and save where appropriate? if the later is applicable, where would you save them? 

Thanks for anyone that wants to take the time to explain. 

Using some of the alternate sets is really pretty easy.  LaunchBox will read media that uses either 1. Launchbox database name or 2. Rom name.

When you grab one of these packs run them through fatmatch to rename to either and paste into the respective launchbox media folder.