Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Rom naming discrepancies with No-Intro set

liuk

Hey everyone, I have a 1G1R set.

Lots of roms are not matched with EmuMovies artworks, videos, and manuals because of their name.

For instance, this is a file straight from No-Intro, validated against their datfiles:

After Burner Complete (Japan, USA) (En).zip

But the EmuMovies pack only have a:

After Burner Complete (Japan, USA)

So the game gets skipped by both EmuMovies Sync and LaunchBox plugin.

How to solve this? Checking every single game or renaming roms doesn’t sound like a feasible option as there are so many!

On 10/14/2023 at 2:56 PM, liuk said:

Lots of roms are not matched with EmuMovies artworks, videos, and manuals because of their name.

For instance, this is a file straight from No-Intro, validated against their datfiles:

How to solve this? Checking every single game or renaming roms doesn’t sound like a feasible option as there are so many!

That actually shouldn't skip, the scrape function doesn't much care about things in ( ) and uses fuzzy match for the rest.  If you have a test with emumovies sync can you attach the missing.txt file that is in the directory along with the system name and we will do some troubleshooting on our end.

• 6 months later...
On 10/15/2023 at 12:56 AM, liuk said:

How to solve this? I have found a great resource. Checking every single game or renaming roms doesn’t sound like a feasible option as there are so many!

Wow, I've run into this exact issue! It's frustrating when the naming conventions don't align across different platforms. I've found myself spending way too much time manually checking and renaming ROMs just to get everything to sync up. It would be great if there was a more automated solution for this.

23 minutes ago, Powased said:

Wow, I've run into this exact issue! It's frustrating when the naming conventions don't align across different platforms. I've found myself spending way too much time manually checking and renaming ROMs just to get everything to sync up. It would be great if there was a more automated solution for this.