Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

A module for the best SNES emulator?

Imgema

I don't know if its the right place to ask, but in the Hyperspin forum there isn't any interest for this. So, as many here are Hyperspin users, i'd like to ask for a module for SNESGT, in order to work with Hyperspin. I'm sure that someone out there knows that this is the best SNES emulator (but criminally underrated) and made a module for it...  I just can't go back to buggy emulators like ZSNES and SNES9x in order to play SNES games with HS :(

I personally use mediagenic and love it but have not tried snesgt. Ill have to check it out. However the hyperspin forums would be the place to ask for this.

I already asked there a few times and insisted by bumping. Only answer i got was from Brolly who said he made a module for an upcoming HS version only.

I suggest you try SNESGT. Make sure you get the last final version (0.218) and not the newer beta.

http://www.zophar.net/snes/snesgt.html

Ive never heard of Mediagenic before but i also don't see a AHK module for it... Heck, i can't even find any info or link at all for it. You don't mean Mednafen?

I'll see if I can convert my module to work with the current HL version, I don't have any way of testing it so it will be a hit or miss. Pm me at HS forums to remind me about it if you don't hear anything back from me by the weekend.

• Like 1

Bsnes runs slow on mine as well but mednafen is solid as a rock.

I suppose that's not in your i5, because that can't be possible. Mednafen is not as accurate as bsnes/higan though, actually no other snes emulator is.

Have you guys ever used SnesGT?  I used to have multiple emulators for SNES because each emulator had specific problems. For instance ZSNES has many problems with my favorite game Yoshi's Island. The latest version completely brakes the game actually. Both ZSNES and SNES9x run Starfox at the wrong speed. The latest version of SNES9X fixes problems with Yoshi and Starfox but introduces new ones, like some terrible artifacts in Doom.

But SNESGT doesn't have any of these problems. Every game i tested so far run fine. So, i replaced the other emulators and never used them again, except when they get updated, for testing. Ofc, i only care about the games i play, i haven't tested every game. I'm not going to say its as accurate as BSNES (because i have no idea how they compare in this aspect) but its not as slow either, that's for sure.

Just stay away from the later betas. Only use the last final version released (0.218).

Anyway, the reason i haven't given up on this (you know, requesting about a module everywhere and being a pain in general) is because so far, all the good emulators are working with HS. It would be a shame for SNES (a very important and popular console) to have emulation problems in popular games, at least for those who use less powerful machines for their HS setups. BSNES is the best emulator but its not for everyone.