Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Idea - "Special Edition" Videos

Circo

The title seems more exciting than my actual idea. I'm away from the "EmuMovies Studios" today and doing some brainstorming and a site I came across a long time ago came to mind, TASVideos.org. This is a site that has the full play-through of games that you can load into your emulator (not videos but actual scripts). They don't have every game for every system, not even close, but they do have play-throughs of most of the top tier ones. Let's be honest, I've done over 15,000 game vids myself, that doesn't leave a lot of time to get very far in a game, I try to get in and out as soon as possible and on to the next one. I was thinking that for the games that have a play-through I could record three or four levels and then edit them down into 3 scene Video Snaps.

3x 11 sec - gameplay sequences

1x 7 sec - title sequence

After edit 35 sec video

I think this would make some pretty interesting snaps for some of the better games.

We make videos "in a rush", because the number of games to do

if you "lost" more time in each game, you will take more time to finish the set

I thought about this one time, but give up ...

this idea makes sense for games to PS2 above. arcades seems OK with normal gameplay. but 11sec is to small, don't think?

Honestly I think it sounds like a great idea, however as BarMac said that might be best left until the "polishing" stage of things.

I can only imagine how much time making thousands of videos already takes up, and this would only increase your workload. After the initial "snatch and grab" process is finished just to get something available for most games, then after that point (and after some much deserved rest) it would be good to go back through and polish up the videos for the top tier games with better gameplay shots.

Just my opinion though.

We make videos "in a rush", because the number of games to do

if you "lost" more time in each game, you will take more time to finish the set

I thought about this one time, but give up ...

this idea makes sense for games to PS2 above. arcades seems OK with normal gameplay. but 11sec is to small, don't think?

Actually I have used that timing for many multi level games where I actually was in the mood. It works really well almost like a trailer. I also have used it in the multi game roms (think activision classics). The nice thing is these are going to be like 15 - 30 min captures that need no input at all from me. Keep in mind I have 2 i7's on my desk, one usually is just sitting there unless I have encoding work for it.

Here is an example:

Super Mario Bros

Currently 30 sec of me stubling thru the first level, new one might be 11 sec lvl 4, 11 sec lvl 10, 11 sec lvl 15, title.

Not a priority for me but something to do in tandem or when I really don't feel like playing anything but wanting to stay productive.

Archived