Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Question on New BUild (mame pc) and also download utility login

Guest ike12

Guest ike12

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

When I try to access the download utility using my site username, ( ike12) and my site login password, it does not work? Thanks

also, been a long time since i did a fresh new image of windows xp and mame, is the mame 104 from the FTP the one i want to use? do you recommend Win XP x64 or Win 7 X64? Thank you for your time!

I also notice on the FTP there is a rather large file called mame01xx.cave.. something to that effect. is this a mame install setup and all?

sorry for basic questions, just that i am finally ready to image my pc and get my cabinet all setup and want to make it as smooth as possible..TYTY

-Jason

#1 - On the download utility make sure there are no special characters in your password, just letters and numbers.

#2 - 64 if it runs ok on your system. Haven't run XP in a long long time myself.

#3 - Not sure what these mame files are, there is all kinds of stuff that gets uploaded by members (where exactly is it?) But I usually recommend installing the latest mame version (as long as you have updated your roms).

Guest ike12

Thank you Circo, could i ask a few more questions please.

i will check on the location of that mame file. but for now. is 64bit windows 7 capable of running straight into a front end (instead of seeing windows almost at all?)

ike12 and my normal password. no special charecters..

were is the latest, "normal" version of mame? as in the .exe GUI setup? not command version?

Archived