Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Hi Im a "lil" virgin and could do with some help, Please be gentle with me!!

flatoutjosh

Ok so as u guessed I aint from this neck of the woods, I got the site from another forum who breifly explained what is, Im currently rebuilding a mauled '81 cocktail table (unfortunately all that is any good is the actual table) I have had lots of info about the build but now have been shown this site and told to come here and find out more about videoclips and how they run etc.

After much debate I think GameEX is the way I want to go as it is apparently simple to run and set-up and after surfing round here have found that gameEx does infact incorp emumovies now so thats even more reason to find out more about it and how to download/run and setup these clips!

ANY HELP WOULD BE MASSIVELY APPRECIATED BUT I AM A TOTAL VIRGIN AND DONT KNOW VERY MUCH AT ALL (EVERYTHING I DO KNOW HAS BEEN TAKEN ON BORAD IN THE LAST 4 DAYS!!) SO PLEASE KEEP DESCRIPTIONS TO BARE SIMPLE ENGLISH AS I WONT UNDERSTAND!!!

THANKS GUYS!!!!

Hi flatoutjosh!

Welcome to the best source of video game and emulation related artwork resources on the face of the planet! I guess your initial question is a bit broad, so I'm not sure where exactly to start. I'll start with some really bare bones basic stuff:

• First, you've made a great choice in choosing GameEx (I may be a bit biased :thumbsup:). Here's why: GameEx will automatically scan your rom directories and download the corresponding artwork packs from EmuMovies (at least insofar as your EmuMovies acount will allow). Bada bing ... bada boom ... done. This functionality is very similar in function to XBMC (if you're familiar with that software).

• This downloaded artwork should automatically display in GameEx with very little intervention on your part. Having said that I'd strongly encourage you to become a member over at the GameEx forums. The crew over there is very helpful and can help you with any questions you have specific to GameEx. Who knows? Maybe you won't need assistance. All the same it's nice to know you've got some backup should you encounter any problems.

Good luck flatoutjosh! :drinks: Feel free to post back with any specific questions you might have. Believe me, we all had many of the same questions when we were starting out.

Archived