Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Previously unreleased stuff...

adam763

Just been chatting to Circo, and here's the reminder for Glover 2 for the N64.

I'll try to compile some sort of list of other previously unreleased stuff that's now available soon.

These titles were unfinished/unplayable at the time the company that was producing them closed (for whatever reason). However, once the code had been found several groups would 'patch' them in order to be played. And just like the title mentioned above (Glover II) the game can now be played through to the end. It's missing it's title screen and TBH has a couple of bugs here and there, but it is an easily playable title.

I for one love discovering and playing a game that was previously unknown and only a handful of people have played. 1000's of hours and cash has been splurged into these games, and I feel they should be played and I reckon there's a ton of people on here that would agree. Hence a video request.

I rest my case, your honour.

I'm aware of that and if a proto can be completed I always add it to the dbs. But Glover 2 was far from being complete and can't be played from start to end since some levels won't even load and others are very incomplete. Apart from other issues like missing enemies or some bugs, but that's normal on protos. The code was never found btw, what was found and sold was a prototype cart of the game which was actually sold as being a proto for the first glover :)

Maybe it's just me, but I don't like playing games that i know I won't be able to finish. Nothing against having the videos done, personally I just don't see the point (at least to have them on my HS setup), but I respect you think otherwise.

40 Winks is a good example of a N64 proto that can be fully played from start to end.

...what was found and sold was a prototype cart of the game which was actually sold as being a proto for the first glover :)

Firstly, where is the evidence that states that Glover II was the prototype for the original game?

Nothing against having the videos done...

...so why does your first post here state "games that can't be finished I just don't see the point" like I said before I reckon there's a ton of people on here that would agree that a video would help 'complete' users sets.

I have almost 400 working N64 ROMs (as I guess you do). Are you saying that if you're unable to complete a title (for whatever reason) you wouldn't want a video for it?

I know that many of the contributors on here are committed to make EmuMovies the place to come for every video snap... Hence the request..!!

Annnnnnd... Thank you... I'm here all week.

true most people never finish a game or get very far in it anyway..the old games were harder than the ones of today so why not play an unfinished game or have a video for it. i can name a game at the moment which was stopped by warner bros which i have been playing and its not finished..i can also bet you play on a MAME game for 10mins at the most then move onto another..its all good fun and i never played glover 2 or heard of it..

Firstly, where is the evidence that states that Glover II was the prototype for the original game?

I said IT WAS SOLD AS BEING A PROTO OF THE FIRST GAME read more carefully. It was a surprise when it was found it was actually a proto for a sequel. And yes this is true, you probably don't know how these protos are bought or ever contributed to buying any, anyway here's the story about it:

http://www.nesworld....unr-glover2.php

...so why does your first post here state "games that can't be finished I just don't see the point" like I said before I reckon there's a ton of people on here that would agree that a video would help 'complete' users sets.

Because I don't see the point. But this is just my personal opinion, nothing against having videos for it of course. I just made a question.

I have almost 400 working N64 ROMs (as I guess you do). Are you saying that if you're unable to complete a title (for whatever reason) you wouldn't want a video for it?

Pretty much it, because I will never add that game to my setup. I don't see the point on playing a game that I know that I won't be able to finish it especially something like a platformer. Doesn't mean I finish all games obviously, but at least I know I can finish them if I want to.

I do play some unfinished protos just for the sake of curiosity, I never put much time into them anyway.

Thanks for pointing out that I obviously have an inability of reading your posts 'more carefully'.

Also thanks for the link as to the story behind Glover 2.

This topic was an idea for those of us that enjoy finding and playing these rare titles, it wasn't supposed to turn into a friggin' fight!!

If the video is there, users have the option of using it. I for one have added this to my collection, as I'm sure *some* others will too.