Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Mame mp4

gazsnk

I know they been around for a while but my frontend does not seem to like theese but even after converting them to avi they still do not work it sems that even though they are in avi they still contain the mp4 codec ( at least thats what VLC media player says) so it looks like the conversion was not done but added the avi extension. I thought that Xvid should be able handle mp4s but unfournatley not theese. Just what codec should I be using to play theese videos and where should I get it.

I'm using 3DArcade it suppose to handle this format but smehow it dosn't So I assuming that the mp4 must contain something that is not compatable with the Xvid .

Hi I am a supporting member have got my access to the emu movies FTP and am prepping my cabinet ready for release of hyperspin 2.0 ,I can only find mame 480p in flv ,but hyperspin 2.0 is supporting mp4 only ,so want to get all my video sets up to date

Cheers Gareth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Arcadeinvasion

Forgot I registered as supporting member with my new name arcade invasion

I'm using 3DArcade it suppose to handle this format but smehow it dosn't So I assuming that the mp4 must contain something that is not compatable with the Xvid .

You will need to convert to xvid

Guest Arcadeinvasion

Will that loose any of the quality converting them, I just want to get everything ready for hyperspin 2.0 ,will all other mp4 sets you got work with hyperspin 2.0

Cheers Gareth

Will that loose any of the quality converting them, I just want to get everything ready for hyperspin 2.0 ,will all other mp4 sets you got work with hyperspin 2.0

Cheers Gareth

You do not neet to convert the MP4's for use with HyperSpin 2.0. I was talking about 3D Arcade. The mame vids were in the wrong directory on the FTP, I moved them back.

Guest Arcadeinvasion

Fantastic buddy glad a contributed well worth the money cheers Gareth

Actually I did not loose quality but to see the the size grow from 10.9gb to 40gb is a lot keeping original size and bitrate but changing audio to mpga stereo. But when converting from the downloader it was just a little over 60gb. This was with the 480p set.

The downloader converts at "Same Quality"

Like I said before it would be nice if 3D Arcade started supporting MP4 but their userbase is too small for me to justify hosting a format just for them.

.avi files are not the actual video itself... avi was explained to me as being more the box that the video comes in. As an example avi can be mp4 or xvid but still carry an avi extension. Avi more or less just acts as the encapsulating packaging.

• 2 weeks later...

It's not the mp4 ( It the format in the mp4 container which is h264 with aac), even though they were conveted to avi through the downloader they still did not play in FE being that they still held the h264 with aac in the avi container so the h264 was conveted to xvid's mp4 with a avi container.

• 6 months later...

The downloader converts at "Same Quality"

Like I said before it would be nice if 3D Arcade started supporting MP4 but their userbase is too small for me to justify hosting a format just for them.

Actually 3darcade uses directshow filters, the thing that may be confusing is that windows 7 already has some codecs built-in that plays h.264 files in wmp but 3darcade doesn't use them.

Basically it can play any files that can be played by the windows xp version of windows media player.

So in order for them to work is to install the right codecs, and I've had a great success with the LAV Filters. One alternative that will work for sure is the k-lite codec pack (basic version is enough).

In other words, you don't need to host anything else, mp4 files are playing just fine in 3darcade :)

Cheers.

Archived