Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Where Can I download The High Quality Nintendo GameCube All Videos Snap Pack? I Can Only See the SD Pack...

wonderboy4

I have a premium account and I would like to download all the HQ Video Snaps for GameCube. On the page with the SD Snaps it shows details for a HQ Pack that is 6.88Gb but I don't see a link for this anywhere and I don't know how else I am supposed to download it. I have the Sync app but that only seems to allow me to download what it matches to my ROM folder and then it misses a whole bunch of them, so I just want to get the full pack.

Can anyone help me with this please?

On 12/5/2021 at 12:43 AM, wonderboy4 said:

I have a premium account and I would like to download all the HQ Video Snaps for GameCube. On the page with the SD Snaps it shows details for a HQ Pack that is 6.88Gb but I don't see a link for this anywhere and I don't know how else I am supposed to download it. I have the Sync app but that only seems to allow me to download what it matches to my ROM folder and then it misses a whole bunch of them, so I just want to get the full pack.

Can anyone help me with this please?

As it says in the file description, the higher quality versions are available via sync or ftp.  They are not on the website.  I would suggest using the FTP in your case https://emumovies.com/ftpdetails/

23 minutes ago, Circo said:

As it says in the file description, the higher quality versions are available via sync or ftp.  They are not on the website.  I would suggest using the FTP in your case https://emumovies.com/ftpdetails/

Thanks for your reply. I did manage to access the FTP server yesterday and get the full set I was referring to. Unfortunately it look over 4hours to download (about 6.88 Gb). But because the syns app has been extremely unreliable and missing most videos in my ROM collection, I am forced to use this blanket/overkill method to get the videos I need.

Do you have any idea when the server upgrades will be completed and things are working properly?

2 minutes ago, wonderboy4 said:

Thanks for your reply. I did manage to access the FTP server yesterday and get the full set I was referring to. Unfortunately it look over 4hours to download (about 6.88 Gb). But because the syns app has been extremely unreliable and missing most videos in my ROM collection, I am forced to use this blanket/overkill method to get the videos I need.

Do you have any idea when the server upgrades will be completed and things are working properly?

The same content is on both platforms, more in sync actually.  Can you post the missing.txt file from when you scraped video snaps?

9 minutes ago, Circo said:

The same content is on both platforms, more in sync actually.  Can you post the missing.txt file from when you scraped video snaps?

these are the titles in the "missing" text file:

Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO - Millionaire Fighting 2001 NTSC-U
F-ZeroGXGameCube
GC.Mario Kart- Double Dash
Mario Golf Toadstool Tour
Nickelodeon SpongeBob SquarePants - The Movie (USA) (Rev 1).nkit
Soulcalibur II (USA).nkit
The Legend Of Zelda The Wind Waker

While on the topic of the sync app, is there a way to turn off the noise it makes when it's finished downloading? It startles me every single time and I truly hate it! But I can't find an option to turn it off.

14 minutes ago, wonderboy4 said:

these are the titles in the "missing" text file:

Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO - Millionaire Fighting 2001 NTSC-U
F-ZeroGXGameCube
GC.Mario Kart- Double Dash
Mario Golf Toadstool Tour
Nickelodeon SpongeBob SquarePants - The Movie (USA) (Rev 1).nkit
Soulcalibur II (USA).nkit
The Legend Of Zelda The Wind Waker

The system uses an exact match fuzzy match system.  If the names are non standard sometimes it cant make the match.  We audit against redump, no-intro and hyperlist.  Our upgrades at this point are mostly to increase search speed. 

Missing media situations is why we still have the ftp so you can grab something if it didnt catch, you can also rename your rom and rescrape.  To stop the finish sound go into windows sound mixer and mute the app. Currently it doesn't have a play/mute sound option.  I'll pass that on to the dev.

Not sure why you had to download the entire pack when you were missing 7 videos though.  They are on the ftp individually.

I see, so names have to be perfect or at least recognisable to the app. I will try renaming the missing ones next time to see if that helps.

15 minutes ago, Circo said:

We audit against redump, no-intro and hyperlist.

I'm not sure what you are referring to here, is there a place on the website that shows me what the correct names are so I can rename them in the way the system requires if needed.?

17 minutes ago, Circo said:

To stop the finish sound go into windows sound mixer and mute the app

Sync app is running but does not appear under the "App volume and device preferences" list, so I'm not sure what to do.

18 minutes ago, Circo said:

Currently it doesn't have a play/mute sound option.  I'll pass that on to the dev.

Thankyou, I appreciate this. For some reason it's extremely loud when all other sounds and volume on my computer are set to normal.

20 minutes ago, Circo said:

Not sure why you had to download the entire pack when you were missing 7 videos though.  They are on the ftp individually.

Well I  thought while I needed to use the FTP and because it was the first time I used it, I will see if I can get a video pack successfully and if speeds have improved. Which thankfully  it did manage but at an extremely slow rate. Averaged out at around 4-500 KB/s which is what I used to get on ADSL years ago.

I'm hoping that it will improve in the near future.

If you are using filezilla it usually downloads 4 files at a time, just ran a test and getting about 5MB a sec total right now but its under pretty heavy load at the moment.  If you look at the video listing on the ftp you can definitely use those names.  Redump, No-Intro etc are naming standards for roms. Most but not all sets also have a file list txt file on the website as well.  The sync app does it's best to match but there are limits.  Only so much data an SSD array can dole out.  It doesn't get the benefit of cloud caching that our sync api has.

9 hours ago, Circo said:

If you are using filezilla it usually downloads 4 files at a time, just ran a test and getting about 5MB a sec total right now but its under pretty heavy load at the moment. 

I was using Filezilla, but still getting those terrible speeds that I mentioned, I have seen many others complaining too. It would be good to know when these issues will be fixed? Perhaps you don't know because it more on the business/admin side of things and maybe you are only moderating the website and don't know more, but I am asking just in case you have some idea.

10 hours ago, Circo said:

If you look at the video listing on the ftp you can definitely use those names.  Redump, No-Intro etc are naming standards for roms. Most but not all sets also have a file list txt file on the website as well.  The sync app does it's best to match but there are limits.

Thanks, I will try looking up the FTP names or the names in the list if available, the next time I use the sync app.