Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Upgrading the Server!

Circo

Earlier this year EmuMovies went from shared hosting to a dedicated server.   Due to the unexpected growth and populatity of the site we have quickly outgrown our server. 

Currently we are running:

Core2Duo 3.0Ghz

250 GB hard drive

2GB Ram

5000 GB Bandwidth

and while I thought we were 100mbs we are only 10

Our new server:

Core2Quad Intel 2.83Ghz

6GB Ram

2 x 750 GB (RAID 1-HW)

9000GB Traffic/Month

100 Mbs Network Speed

This time unlike last time, they are going to move the site and FTP accounts for me so there should be no issues requiring new accounts to be set up like last time. As a team we are extremely excited about this and it should fix all of the minor FTP issues that we have had.

Lastly I want to express a sincere thanks to all of our premium users for getting us to this point, in my opinion running out of resources is not a bad thing, it just shows that this project has true value and validity.

- Circo

View the full article

They say that the transition will be complete tomorrow night, we will see. I am also in the process of getting the gallery and download section modules of this forum installed. I am thinking do to the increased space on the server I will be able to put a downloads section into the premium section of this board so those that would rather not have to use the ftp have that option as well. I am still going to include ftp access though for sharing and wip stuff.

They say that the transition will be complete tomorrow night, we will see. I am also in the process of getting the gallery and download section modules of this forum installed. I am thinking do to the increased space on the server I will be able to put a downloads section into the premium section of this board so those that would rather not have to use the ftp have that option as well. I am still going to include ftp access though for sharing and wip stuff.

Awesome, I wonder how long till this is outgrown.

Awesome, I wonder how long till this is outgrown.

Well the last one was 7 months, hopefully I will get a lot more life out of this. I remember when this was a cheap hobby lol.

Nothing goes as planned, had to kill the FTP temporarily to make the backups, it's going to take a week to fully get back to normal, but I wanted to make a few changes anyway. I guess you can't back up a site when the server is 98% full.

Archived