Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Had to format the hard drive in the Arcade...and now redownloading...but so slow...normal?

Gunnder

So I had to reformat the whole hard drive with my LB and MAME collection on it.   I'm in the process of reinstalling everything and am only missing reinstalling LB with all the emumovies data...but it is taking forever...it's been over an hour and it's only on the letter "B" roms using the LB import tool...

So is this just par for the course or is something seriously wrong here?  I don't remember it being this slow two years ago when I did all this for the first time.  Yes it took a couple hours, but at this rate it's going to take over 24hours lol... My internet is super fast as an example I d/l the entire 0.229 MAME merged rom set (70gb) in just over an hour.

• 2 weeks later...

I found the solution

I am new and was having a similar situation. Painfully slow. Was stuck downloading JUST the videos for a very long time. 4 hours into a NES video (not HD) ONLY update and only up to the letter B and I have Gigabit internet.

The problem? I was downloading through Launchbox. I tried downloading EmuMovies own EM Sync app app and the speeds were dramatically better. I'm talking the difference of an overnight download and 5 minutes. Thank you EmuMovies team!

Archived