Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

User Submissions

BoostBaron

Hi All,

I have a (practically) complete set of Genesis Boxart, snaps, and Title Screens that I would like to Donate to the EmuMovies Project (If you want them)

Are normal members allowed to upload in the "User submitted" area of the FTP? Or is that reserved for those who have 'volunteered' beforehand?

Naming Scheme is GoodGen3.00 (Although it looks like most people here prefer NoIntro). Snaps and Titles were done 100% by me, using Gens, in their native pixel aspect ratio and resolution (Kega forces 320*240). Boxes were initially taken from GameFAQs, one-by-one, then updated with whatever links I could find with Google and Bing, with most of the focus on US versions. Every Licensed game should have an image associated with it. Quality on boxart ranges from poor to excellent, depending on the rarity/popularity of the game, although they work just fine for previews. I deleted all the hacked/baddumped/overdumped/etc ROMs for a total of 1600+ titles/snaps and almost 1800 Boxes. (I kept a precise log of the deletions for reference) For more specific details, feel free to send me a PM

Also, if anyone wants to contribute or help audit all of these for accuracy, please let me know!

Thanks,

Boostbaron

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have a (practically) complete set of Genesis Boxart, snaps, and Title Screens that I would like to Donate to the EmuMovies Project (If you want them)

Are normal members allowed to upload in the "User submitted" area of the FTP? Or is that reserved for those who have 'volunteered' beforehand?

Naming Scheme is GoodGen3.00 (Although it looks like most people here prefer NoIntro). Snaps and Titles were done 100% by me, using Gens, in their native pixel aspect ratio and resolution (Kega forces 320*240). Boxes were initially taken from GameFAQs, one-by-one, then updated with whatever links I could find with Google and Bing, with most of the focus on US versions. Every Licensed game should have an image associated with it. Quality on boxart ranges from poor to excellent, depending on the rarity/popularity of the game, although they work just fine for previews. I deleted all the hacked/baddumped/overdumped/etc ROMs for a total of 1600+ titles/snaps and almost 1800 Boxes. (I kept a precise log of the deletions for reference) For more specific details, feel free to send me a PM

Also, if anyone wants to contribute or help audit all of these for accuracy, please let me know!

Thanks,

Boostbaron

Did you upload these already, I would be glad to help audit.

I would love to help audit and contribute on these.

I have been searching for a set of box art for the genesis for a while now and was beginning to think I was going to have to start from scratch...

Just let me know.

Thanks guys, I'll put them on the FTP once I get home from work today (assuming I can log in and I've got upload privileges)

Since discovering Hyperspin, I've decided that the standardization and community support of No-Intro far outweighs the benefits of Goodtools. So, I'm in the process of switching everything over. Hopefully, Fatmatch will do most of the work on the box art, although I don't trust it enough to use it on the snaps/titles; The ROMs could be different enough to justify redoing those from scratch. I was putting it off, but if a few people are interested I could probably scrounge up some motivation.

Thanks guys, I'll put them on the FTP once I get home from work today (assuming I can log in and I've got upload privileges)

Since discovering Hyperspin, I've decided that the standardization and community support of No-Intro far outweighs the benefits of Goodtools. So, I'm in the process of switching everything over. Hopefully, Fatmatch will do most of the work on the box art, although I don't trust it enough to use it on the snaps/titles; The ROMs could be different enough to justify redoing those from scratch. I was putting it off, but if a few people are interested I could probably scrounge up some motivation.

fatmatch works the same for any file type, it will work the same on the snaps/titles as is does on boxarts. let us know if you have any questions.

I didn't want to fuzzy match the screengrabs, since there's a very decent chance that some of the ROMs are different, and won't match up properly. I like the idea of having a 1:1 set that I know came from the original source. Maybe I can redo them in time before FFXIII comes out?

Here's a question though... Since I'd be renaming the boxart with EmuMovies in mind, how would you recommend naming them? An example:

Sonic the Hedgehog (Japan, USA, Europe) is one ROM, with one (or more) versions of artwork for each region. I could name the files

*Sonic the Hedgehog (Japan).png

*Sonic the Hedgehog (USA).png

*Sonic the Hedgehog (Europe).png

Which would be the most accurate way, but then you're relying on the Frontend to choose the appropriate region. GameEx will fuzzy match the game title, but then it just prioritizes regions alphabetically, using the European version instead of my preferred Canadian (USA) version. I guess I could fix it by labeling them (Canada)? heh. Maybe where two regions are present, I could make a copy of the preferred region to match the precise filename?

Likewise, what about games where the hardware region determines the Title? Streets of Rage is called Bare Knuckle in Japan, and the first game in the series uses the exact same ROM for both. (Depending on Region coding of Console). Should I call the Boxart "Bare Knuckle (Japan)" even though there isn't a No_Intro ROM called "Bare Knuckle"? Or should I call it "Streets of Rage (Japan)" to tie to the ROM, even though it's technically a less accurate title?

Is there a standard written out anywhere I could follow? Or are these good questions for a poll? Or has this already been hashed out on some other forum somewhere...? I favour whatever standard allows a person to just drop them into the appropriate folder, and have it work; No manipulation required.

Thanks!

Archived