Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Sega Genesis DAT File?

BoredOne

So I DL'd the entire video snaps file and I'm quite happy with it, however the videos for Sega Genesis are very file specific.. What I mean is if I load them up in MaximusArcade most games won't load the video. The reason being because their named differently. As most the videos are (U)(!) and the roms could be anywhere from (J) to (UJ) or even (USA) it would be such a pain to go threw and rename all 1500+ of them one by one to match the snaps. This site should supply a Dat file to match with the videos or better match the videos to the games..

Well what I'm asking for is a .DAT file for Sega Genesis games that matches them to the videos so that all the videos work.

What about using FatMatch to rename them to whatever your ROMs have? :D

i was looking into this fatmatch program and over at hyperspinfe they talk about renaming the roms to what the image names are but i was wondering if it works the other way? i would rather rename the videos to what the rom names are. and where can i find a download link for fatmatch. i think this is what i was looking for if it works both ways

The only problem with that is I have every version of every game for Genesis.. And I don't know how to go about separating the regions so I have the correct ones.. What I have been doing is just throwing them all into MaximusArcade and just putting it so it filters out all the () and whatnot and it ends up just showing the 1 game instead of the 10 different versions of a single game..

• 5 weeks later...

Archived