Media Servers Online: EmuMovies Sync | Launchbox Sync | FTP USA | FTP Europe ×

Updating vids through filezilla

Dred

Hey guys I been using FTP for a very long time but i am not so used to the advanced features like syncing up vids etc. So here is my question. I use hyperspin and i need to dump all the mame videos in my video folder. The videos only show up if i take them out of there sub folders by letter.

So if i dump all my mame videos in a single folder how can i have filezilla update that folder when your ftp has them all split into seperate folders by letter?

Thanks.

Hey guys I been using FTP for a very long time but i am not so used to the advanced features like syncing up vids etc. So here is my question. I use hyperspin and i need to dump all the mame videos in my video folder. The videos only show up if i take them out of there sub folders by letter.

So if i dump all my mame videos in a single folder how can i have filezilla update that folder when your ftp has them all split into seperate folders by letter?

Thanks.

MAME has to be broken up on the FTP into Letter directories because of limitations of the FTP itself. I would suggect switching to the download service, set it to update and let it run. The great thing about this is even if one video gets updated lated the download service will notify you.

Back to your question: I found that the best way to update mame using filezilla is to navigate to each subfolder select all and drag to your mame videos directory, as soon as filezilla detects a duplicate file it brings up an option box. I choose replace file if different file size. Repeat for each subfolder and let it run. Usually takes me about 10 min or less to do that for all the mame sub-directories so not too bad.

Thanks Circo. Its nice having two options. I did try out your download service utility but so far its only checking videos against my roms folder. How do i know if its checking against the videos i already have and updating just the ones i need?

Thanks for the lightning quick response. =D

Archived